Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Chris Borland ILB, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Clint8, Jan 15, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,145
    40 is the most overrated metric in the entire combine.

Who cares if a player runs a 4.2 on a track. It's all about game speed for me.
    titanfanatic high fives this.
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,612
    I said that too, but that yuppie 520 was like
    Well see here simpleton, the way that works is, I expect allllll the prospects to reduce their times, if a guy doesn't, it may be a red flag.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,145
    Not drafting track stars, i'm drafting football players. We aren't the Raiders.
    griff33daddy and JCBRAVE high five this.
  4. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,937
    True but Kuechly didn't have the durability issues. If he didn't have so many medical red flags I wouldn't be that mad but he definitely benefited from the team he was on even though I hate using that against guys. Kuechly never had the front that Moseley played behind in college. I remember way back when I just used to creep the forums that DW said Kuechly would suck.
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,145
    Exactly. Mosley had a great supporting cast to free up 1v1 tackles. Kuechly didn't have that, he might of had Raji -- can't remember.

It's the durability that scares me. I don't want to use #11 on Colin McCarthy.
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,612
    Hey thats why Yawin Smallwoodis a good name to keep up with, dude had no help, UConn sucked.
  7. Clint8 Rookie

Brown
    Moolah:
    $792
    Mosley isn't the right fit for us moving to the 3-4 defense. Mosley was the WILL or WILB in Bama's 3-4 and if anything, that'll be Zach Brown or Zavier Gooden who already struggle to stack and shed. We need a stack and shed MIKE or SILB which is why my top 2 guys are Chris Borland and Shayne Skov right now. Neither have Zach Brown speed, but we have speed at other places and I still say they both run in the 4.7-4.8 range. Round 2, we should go get our MIKE of the future.
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    I like Mosley but i do not love him with that 11th pick. I think Clinton-Dix is the better player for that pick.

Clinton-Dix could be the next great safety in the mold of a Thomas or Dawkins. I prefer Clinton-Dix to any inside linebacker or any other defensive back. That might be the best defensive player on the board when we pick.
  9. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Mosley did benefit from having Nico Johnson and Trey De priest to give him a rest from time to time. Technically they were the starters in 2012 with Mosley rotating in and out. He never had to be an every down player for a whole game except when they played Johnny Manziel.

Still with a higher priority on good coverage linebackers he is the best prospect at that position. A great combination of natural speed and good instincts.
  10. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833

Huh? He was an inside backer in the base 3-4 look and in the 4-2-5 and 4-1-6 nickel and dime. A great inside outside pursuit guy. I agree there are better options with that 11th pick especially if they think those other guys will be there in the 2nd rd.