Chiefs & Titans Success? It's "Fisherball"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

I think most could agree that it's a slightly more modern version of fisherball. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see us revert back to MORE running this week because of the change at qb again
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

You may be right but unfortunately I don't think 3.3ypc is gonna cut it against the Chiefs. Run game needs to get it together in a hurry if that's the plan.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not going to beat a dead horse anymore on this but I think many of you have molded the style of football the Titans played with Fisher (when I consider "Fisherball" in its prime) to be more run than it actually was.

In 2000, the Titans had 462 passing and 547 rushing attempts.

This season, the Titans have 119 pass attempts to 135 rushing. Breaking that down over a 16-game season, that is 476 passes to 540 rushing attempts.

It shows a little more passing but not much.

If CJ was doing better than a 3.3 avg per carry, you bet it would be higher as Eddie had a 3.8 average that season.

For those of you who think the Titans are airing it out more, the 2000 Titans netted 6.7 yards per catch while this season, the Titans are averaging 6.0.
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I remember that year. Titans were one of only a few teams with more rushes than passes. And all teams who rushed the ball more than they passed made the playoffs.