Chad Johnson won't attend team functions,demands trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, but apparently he's not getting any slower either.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would gladly give pick 24 for this guy. Johnson a pro bowler vs some of these prospects? Get real. Anyone who wants us to take a Wr in rd one has to agree.

Then we can send roydell williams and our 2nd rd pick to the rams for holt.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

If we could get him for our first rounder i'd jump on that in a second. If we did do it there's no way we could send away our 2nd also for holt. Really we just need one go to receiver here because no matter who's here we still don't pass a lot.

4. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Yeah, pretty much. They can have ALL the top 5 prospects...I'll take 85.

I kinda hate to say this, but if we got Chad Johnson, Tennessee would no longer be the 'third-world' football team in the eyes of the the rest of the league/media. Yeah, I know there's a potential for negative attention...

5. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Nashville would get ALOT more attention if we got chad. One would wonder if that attention would be for the good or the bad?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You give vince johnson and crumpler and we can see how far he can go.

WR
    Johnson
    Gage
    Williams

TE
    Crumpler
    Scaife

That's a pretty solid group of guys to throw to and with vince healthy and running all over the place, dinger, our power running game we can be a top offense and no more red zone woes.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why not trade for vets all the time?

You draft a guy and sign him to a 4 year rookie contract, he takes a year or so to learn his way and after he gives you a couple great seasons he is gone to free agency.

If you can get a proven solid vet with at least 3 years of contract how is that different? Look at stewart he didn't even play for us one down his rookie year and just started half a season in 06. After just 2 1/2 years as a quality starter we could lose him.

Even travis ganja henry was worth that 3rd rd pick. Even with his suspension henry still gave us one great season. How many third rd picks have done even that?

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The money. You need young guys who don't make that much to fill out the team before running out of cap. Each time can afford a few players who make superstar money.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh! perfect example. Chris Hope and Michael Griffin.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

VY10, I'm not sure what your point is but Hope was a FA signing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar