Cary Williams: Nick Harper's future replacement?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What do you guys think? Is Cary going to step up in his second season?

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He's a rookie. Hard to judge him when he hardly haven't played.

Oh, and by the way. It does not give respect, when posting a full article an leaving out the source!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

None of us honestly knows anything about williams beyond his size and 40 time. Hard to really comment then but based on how we drafted it seems to me they are not convinced he is the future at the left CB spot. We signed one and drafted 2 players at that position.

I assume faggins takes king's place as our #3 guy on the outside and mouton replaces carr as fuller's backup at NB and return man. I see williams competing with McCourty for a roster spot.

I hope he is the answer at that spot. I just doubt it..

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

better chance the kid out of hawaii is the man

5. Nine

Nine Starter

FWIW......Finnegan was interviewed on Sirius radio yesterday, and singled out Carey Williams as a player to watch out for this year, and said he's really been coming on strong in OTA's.

He made a direct comparison between Williams' situation and his own situation as a rookie....a no-name kid from a tiny no-name school who made a name for himself when nobody else gave him much of a chance. Hopefully it works out just like that. :)

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah but finny played right away as our NB and basically beat out fuller for that spot. Williams never even sniffed the grass at LP last year.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

Williams was hurt all last season. I've also heard he put on a few pounds in the off-season. I hope he has a good camp

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Where is there an article on here?? Where do you see that?? It was a piece written by some dude named Drexel Perry. Who are you talking to like that anyways?? You sound as smart as a bag of Funyuns.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Courtland Finnegan said Cary Williams will be the break out player this year. Chris Hope stated him and Chris Davis were the most improved. Jeff Fisher stated he was very impressed with him.

Cary Williams is 6'1 thats nice height for a corner. Hes got speed too, I think he will be the #3 this year.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The kid has the measurables but that is a long way from proving anything on the field. Another kid that looked real good was Woolfolk. We all know how that worked out and Williams has already had a bad start with injury. I'm on board when I see something.

What is funny in a way I thought Finny was going to be a stud his rookie year when I saw him in camp. The kid was everywhere and when he got on the field he was special. Yet, so many still didn't believe in the kid. Finny had to really prove himself on the field.

Williams on the other hand looks good in his shorts or something and we are ready to crown his arse. For all we know he is the next Rey Hill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar