Cardinals screwing with Tyrann Mathieu, Honey Badger don't play that though

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I don't get why people are mad at Mathieu over this....First of all, his agent is the one doing all the talking in this case. Second, the Cardinals are clearly trying to screw him over and take advantage just because he messed up in college. If you didn't want to pay him 3rd round money you shouldn't have drafted him there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

well he did go to rehab about it and not gonna lie this crap is going around the SEC schools a lot so wouldn't shock me

I don't think any of these guys are really like true pot heads they just wanna do whatever they can get their hands on

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't really care for Mattheiu, but people acting like "he did this to himself" are giving him an unfair shake simply because they have that conservative "he's a thug" label firmly placed on him.

Saying you'll take weekly drug tests is not something he should be penalized for- if anything, he should be commended for it. Shows he intends to stay clean.

Definitely not something he should be cheated out of money for.

Like others have said- if you were this worried about his character... you should have drafted someone else. You hired him. Now you pay him. Idiots.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Do you see racism in every aspect in life? The team has every right to protect it's business interest. I do commend the young man for being willing to do the drug test, but it is not like he only failed just one in college. It was a repeated, and admitted problem for him. I'm sure the young man will make plenty of money if he is willing and able to stay clean. He did make decisions to do drugs, he did fail drug test in college. He did, by definition, do this to himself. Personally, I hope he makes it, I like his attitude on the field.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Where did you pick up any racial overtones from? The post is just highlighting the fact that many people have a conservative mind set when it comes to drugs, that clouds their ability to see injustice when it pertains to a drug user. These are the people who don't really care what happens to people they decide are scum whether it is just or not. The post is only racial if you see racist overtones in the word thug or are sensitive about the perception that many conservatives are racist. In both those instances it has more to do with the reader than the poster.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Is Honey Badger playing safety? They just traded for Javier Arenas... a NB.

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Then why did he use the word thug? He could have used criminal, or drug abuser...he didn't.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He better get some money. How else would he keep his hot New Orleans cheerleader?

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The Cardinals have all the leverage and I don't blame them for protecting their investment by writing up a contract that has protective language in it for WHEN Mathieu gets bit by the drug snake again. I would give him very little guaranteed money and also would be able to pull back money when he's suspended. Just my two cents.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

He could have but he didn't and it really doesn't matter they all mean the same thing. The word thug isn't exclusively used when speaking about black males, although I will admit that is it used much less when referring to white males. Also he wasn't using the word thug himself only to describe how others think about Tyrann (I've heard people of all races call him a thug myself). You can extract a racial connation from anything but this post didn't seem to have any overt racial motivations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar