Car stereo

Discussion in 'Gear' started by avvie, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Two weeks ago I installed a new car stereo... my fourth system purchased from Crutchfield.com on as mabny vehicles.

I am LOVING how modern tech works in this field... my first car had an 8-track player :eek: Next came the cassette. I never bought a car CD player until 2004 :eek: I bought another in 2005 for my second vehicle.

Since moving to the islands, I put off bothering with car stereo until I moved away from the heat and dust of Kihei. This time, I bought a cheap Clarion unit from the scratch-and-dent dept. of Crutchfield for $84. Trust me, this is not a good place for owning expensive electronics.

It's amazing.

24 radio channel presets, CD player, AUX input on the face, USB thumb drive spot. So for a measly $84 I can carry and play my entire music collection via a $20 USB thumb drive, or plug my smartphone right into it and use either the mp3 player or hands-free phoning.

It just keeps getting better all the time.. I can't follow or keep up with all the advances as they're made, but I would have LOVED to have this in 2004, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it's availability now. What's next?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

USB thumbdrive equiped CD player, shweet! I haven't bought anything new car stereo related in quite awhile, but I will be soon. I have to restrain myself though as I've spent too much mullah on that stuff in the past :whoop:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar