Cap Casualties League-wide

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

No way we could afford him though.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wow, I cannot believe Ware is even in this discussion. I would love him or Suggs.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

**** Terrell Suggs. I hate that guy.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ware might be an option. Even so, we should keep a close eye on the Cowboys for two reasons:

1. Cowboys are way over the cap this year and will have to cuts some good players to get under it
    2. They had switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 meaning they will probably cut some guys that are good but no longer fit their scheme

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Some more possibilities:

Will Smith- OLB Saints. He is due over 11 million and they need to resign Graham. Not a big fan, but could be a player who needs new scenery.

LaMar Woodley- OLB Saints. He is due over 13 million and the Steelers are already 10 million over the cap. A great player and veteran leader. Might be too good for them to cut though.

Daunta Robison: CB Chiefs: Already cut. Getting older, but not an awful option if we miss on a few other cb.

Carlos Rodgers: CB 49ers: Getting older, but started all 16 games and has a large salary with not matching production. Another decent option.

Antrel Rolle: S Giants: They are in cap trouble and has a high salary for a player not quite playing up to his salary.

Few WR/TE that could be cut because of high salary + team over the cap that we could use if we don't sign D. Williams/ Cut Stevens: Nate Burleson, Miles Austin, Scott Chandler, Dustin Keller, Ed Dickson

Oh yeah, there are rumors of some guy being cut named Cortland Finnegan....some might be interested.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We should be able to cut Stevens and get a better player for less cost.

Woodley would be lovely. Just read Woodleys savings wouldn't come until after June 1st.

7. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Darren Sproles would be a perfect fit. The Saints are going to tag Graham. They may have to cut Darren to save money.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is very true. And he would be a perfect fit. I like the idea of having a return guy who can also play in the normal set.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sproles > C.J.

so yes please

• High Five High Five x 7
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Welp, we made 19 posts before this thread officially derailed. She had a good run...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar