Can you justify picking a MLB in the 2nd round?>

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bigreese82, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Almost every mock I see, has us taking D'Qwell in the 2nd round. MLB in our defense has traditionally been an expendable position. A 2 down player would more than appease me. I don't see Floyd investing a first, a second and huge money in our starting LBs.
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In my mind no, but on the other hand I can see us drafting BPA. Depending on how Stewart, Bell and Loper have developed I wouldn't mind to see a Marcus McNeil drafted here.
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's BPA but MLB has to be among those positions which might get extra consideration. Here's the thing, do you want to use a second-round pick on a guy who is on the field 60-65% of the time on defense? The Titans stunk against the run last year so maybe so. But I think the free agents brought in opens up a lot of options.
  4. danny

danny Guest

Looking at D'Qwell, he isn't a player you have to take off the field in passing situations. He's not a liability in coverage in that he can be effective covering backs or tight ends. Many teams are viewing him as a weakside backer from what I've read. If the Titans can pick up a third linebacker with Bulluck and Thornton's speed and range, why not in the second. That would be a trifecta.
  5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I would rather see a Jason Allen or Max-Jean Giles or Marcus McNeil taken. Even a Joseph Addai...
  6. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

I agree
    I would rather have the 3rd or 4th rated safety
  7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But one of them would have to come out, unless we change our philosophy to Tampa 2 or some othe scheme that allows us to keep 3 linebackers in obvious passing situations against 3 receiver sets.
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

we've done that before when we had the speed at LB. we've used a 3-3-5 to help against the run out of three WR sets.
  9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If we had a speedy Mike, I think I'd like to see him stay on the field more than usual. Hey, who ever thought we'd give big FA money to a small, speedy OLB? Maybe philosophies are changing somewhat.
  10. h4t

h4t Starter

Jason Allen

Why does everyone push Jason Allen so much? He has Mike Echols written all over him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.