Campbell kicking himself for giving up TD

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm glad it happened because Campbell is the kind of player who will learn from it and not allow it to happen in the regular season. I think he's the real deal and just needs experience.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea life crapped all over him (literally) he was a janitor 2 years ago. He almost blew his chance at pro football. He knows whats waiting for him after football, he's loving this opportunity, that's why he was at home with family when it was reported he was driving around drunk with Kenny. He's got his mind right.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was really hoping T.O. would play, that way Campbell see's real NFL receivers before we se Tom Brady week-1.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I would take Edwards in his prime* over a rusty TO.

*not saying much.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea this play didn't bother me at all. Campbell kept up and positioned himself well. He definitely leads the race for the nickel job.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You basically plagiarized my post. Lol

7. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

If Tommie Campbell wants to lock down his role as the Titans’ third cornerback, he’ll have to do a better job in one-on-one situations than he did against Seattle’s Braylon Edwards on Saturday.

Campbell was tightly covering Edwards in the third quarter, but the veteran wide receiver found a way to go up over Campbell at the goal line. Edwards came down with the ball and a 39-yard touchdown grab.

Does Campbell need to find a way to make that play?

“Definitely. He knows that,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “That’s the life — you play corner, that’s the battle. You’re going to have some balls that are up there, and the more opportunity that you get a chance to do that, maybe you win more of those.

“Again, that’s something you can’t experience in practice. You really can’t compete to that level in practice. There he is with a chance to make a play, and instead they made a play.

“When you go through games, that’s what makes a difference — from a preseason game to a regular-season game — is there’s a chance on a seven-point play. They made it, and we didn’t.”

Source: Titans Insider

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This guy is going to be fine he just needs to play

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Campbell has all the athletic tools and the work ethic... he's just raw still. The more playing time the more he'll be ready (same with every other player). He has the potential to be a stud in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar