Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Calico- In or Out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 9, 2006.

?

Will Calico Be on the Roster Week 1?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2006.
Yes, once the preseason games start, he'll start making catches. 3 vote(s) 7.3%
Yes, the titans don't cut high draft picks. 11 vote(s) 26.8%
No, he's had long enough, and isn't showing enough. 27 vote(s) 65.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,221
    Jones hasn't had a horsecollar from Roy Williams yet
  1. Sukrillux Guest

I voted yes, because I think that he will start making catches in pre-season. However, he is as good as gone already IMO. I thought that I heard Fisher say in a post-practice media address that B. Jones has already been taken off of the PUP list. I could be wrong about that. Williams, Jones, and Roby impressed me last year. Bennett and Givens will be starters. Orr just signed a contract and he's got kick/punt return skills. Bobby Wade and Grant Mattos are in the mix too. I think that our receiving core will probably end up as follows:

Givens
    Bennett
    Jones
    Williams
    Roby
    Orr
    Wade... if they keep a 7th, it might be between Mattos and Calico. I don't know how Mattos has been doing lately, but it's got to be better than Calico. "I saw a ball hit him in the face..." NOT GOOD! :irked:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $523
    That's double his yards per catch last seaon! :shocked: :doh:
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $130
    Hate to disagree with you but Calico has zero trade value. While I admit his intangiables will probably get him another shot elsewhere if he is released/not resigned by the Titans, I do not see another team risking more than a chance to make their team.
  2. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,580
    Yeah, but he doesn't catch like he's got on boxing gloves either.:yes:
  3. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I saw Troupe's jersey on sale for $45, which surprised me, guess they just overstocked, I might get it as a backup jersey.

Sukrillux, you have 7 listed, even before calico and mattos. That's the problem. I'm amazed BJ is back from the PUP, I doubt there's much chance that in 4 weeks time he could be put back on it. We're crowded at WR, mattos might make the PS, calico can't and will be gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.