Browns cut C LaCharles Bentley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Can't verify this with a link so I put it in the rumor mill.

Edit: Found linkage...on this obscure sports site called espn. I guess this isn't rumor mill fodder after all. ooops.

espn

Ouch. The guy didn't even play a down in two season after signing that fat contract. I just saw him on the news last night saying all of the usual cliches that guys coming back from an injury say (he claimed to be more fit than ever, stronger faster etc and ready to go). The story I hear is Bentley asked for his release and the Browns granted his wish. I bet the Browns tried to get him to renegotiate the remainder of his contract so they could recoup some of what that spent on him for two seasons of nothing.

He'd certainly be a guy I wouldn't mind the Titans bringing in for a look.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Bringing him in would be cool. He could sit behind Mawae (and if he was healthy, start at LG), and then take over when Mawae is done.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:werd:

4. vslyke

Why?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was agreeing with you

it says "werd", although i guess it looks like "weird"

6. He'll end up going to some team that is desperate enough to have to take a chance on him. But that's not the Titans.

7. vslyke

Whoops. I always assumed it was weird. :lol:

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Just curious if you're not big on Bentley as a player, or if it's more that you think it's not a fit.

To me, if Bentley passes a physical, he's the kind of guy that I wouldn't mind seeing MR spend some of Bud Adams' money on. I honestly wasn't that impressed with Mawae's performance last year, and now with another year under his belt I'm really not expecting him to be anything more than a JAG type center. If Bentley has any off of the field issues I'm unaware of them.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would bring him in to "update his file". :yes:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Well, since he asked for his release, you gotta believe he wants to start. So the question is, where he can do that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar