Britt unsure what future holds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

With Tuesday’s 3 p.m. NFL trade deadline getting closer, Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt says he can see benefits to both staying and going.

A former first-round pick, Britt has struggled with drops this season. He has just eight catches in six games and he lost his starting job a few weeks ago.

His name has popped up from time to time in trade speculation, especially since Britt is in the last year of his contract here.

“It would be great to stay, as long as they’re giving me opportunities that I should get, especially since I’ve been working hard and doing the right things out there,” Britt said. “Going somewhere else and having a fresh start, it would be good also. But where my mind is right now is just probably staying here because everything is here — my family is here and stuff like that.”

Britt says no one in the organization has talked to him about the possibility of a trade, but he realizes that doesn’t guarantee anything.

“I definitely don’t have confidence (that I’ll be staying), but I really don’t know,” Britt said. “It’s hard to tell right now. I’ll just have to see by (Tuesday).”

Britt got just two snaps two against Seattle on Oct. 13 and was on the field for just 20 snaps on Oct. 20 against San Francisco. In the game against the 49ers, he was whistled for unnecessary roughness in the fourth quarter, when he retaliated against San Francisco cornerback Tarell Brown.

“Mainly at the end of the game it was just frustrating, not getting in there and not getting to play enough time,” Britt said. “You know you’ve been doing everything you can to get out there and they’re telling you you’re going to get some more plays than you do. Then you get aggravated – when you’re already frustrated – when some guy takes a cheap shot at you. Most guys out there, if they take a cheap shot at you, they’re going to react, and usually the second guy gets caught.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

BYE BYE BRITT

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ship'em

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 10
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Uhhhhhh..... wut??

So if you knew that then why'd you do it DumDum?

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

"unsure what future holds.."

prolly not a football

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

this guy is a moron plain and simple. I wish we would just cut him and be done wit hit. We don't need this and if we get nothing for him no big loss imo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Want Britt to run harder. Try playing this over the stadium PA:

[​IMG]

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Being stupid isn't a crime.

I appreciate Britt's honesty in his statements. It is refreshing. And he has been exemplary in not being a locker room distraction like many WR's have been.

It is a win-win if he comes out and lights it up. I hope he does because we need some wins in a bad way. And Britt needs some spectacular video for his career.

Good luck Kenny. Let's make this thing good for both of us.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar