Rumor Bradford, Cox, Kendricks & #20 for #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Only caveat to that is they got Fitzmagic and he is the presumptive starter and did decently with Chan Gaily as OC when they were in Buffalo. But is Fitzmagic the bridge QB or their long term answer. Would be a nice QB to run the show while Mariota 'redshirts' a season. I don't think Fitzmagic is gonna be able to compete with brady and the Pats and that is who they are chasing and the Bills and Dolphins got a lot better too!!!

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

What leads anyone to believe that any team is giving up 3 firsts for Mariota? From every thing I've read, he's just not that sure fire pick that everyone wants. The media hype has pumped him up in the last few months, but before that, I don't recall reading or hearing that he was a sure fire pick that would fetch a kings ransom in a trade.

IF a trade happens, I think the Titans will be lucky to get 2 firsts and a mid round pick. I'd love for them to get 3 firsts, but I just don't see it happening for any player this year.

I've even warmed up to taking Mariota if they stay at #2... But I don't see his value being as high as some of you do.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Neither Winston nor Mariota are sure fire picks as in neither are locks to be franchise QB's who succeed at the next level. But two things are true. This is a QB driven league and there are NOT enough quality starting QB's in the NFL. And one more thing, almost everyone agrees that there are only 2 franchise QB's in this draft. When you have high demand and low supply, what happens? Cost skyrockets!!! It is why QB's are driven up the draft board every year due to these factors.

For example, the Browns think they can really compete but don't have a QB. If Manziel is not the answer and their vet QB is a stop gap, they have no QB to build for the future. Jets are in the same place. Eagles AND Rams are in the same place with young vet QB's on one year contracts! One could view Cutler and the Bears in the same place only because Cutler is avg at best and making a gazillion dollars! And how about the Skins wanting to start Colt McCoy but have RG3 instead?

If 2 other teams think Mariota is the real deal, we well get a bidding war and get MORE value, not less.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I understand it's a supply and demand thing. But I just don't think the supply of QBs this year has teams wanting to throw away 2-3 years worth of picks in hopes that one of the hyped QBs turns out to be good. Pretty comparable to last years bunch from what I can tell...and no one was trading away half their team and their firsts for 2-3 years for them.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A lot of people keep referencing that Redskins/Rams trade from a few years ago but a trade like that may never happen again. RG3 was viewed as an elite prospect who would be a clear #1 if it wasn't for the once in a decade prospect Luck along with him. The Redskins were also looking to make a big splash as the time and there was the Browns at #3 who were even looking to trade up a spot to guarantee his selection.

For us, unless the Browns come knocking with both their picks or the Eagles send for one with Bradford, we're getting a 1st and a 1st next year. Along with hopefully a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. Depending on which team and the spot they have of course.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

That's pretty much my point. This isn't Andrew Luck and RG3. And I think a lot of teams probably reference that trade when thinking about what could go wrong. Not many teams want to end up like Washington did. I'm with you, that kind of trade may not happen again for a very long time. I have no doubt that it won't happen in this draft.

The Titans hold a prime pick, but at a bad time.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'd rather get Cox and Jordan Matthews rather than Kendricks. WR is more of a need than ILB and we wouldn't have to use a pick on WR. If it's Cox, Matthews, 19, 20, and their 2nd round pick, I'm doing that all day.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Cox is gone. He just had his 5th year option sealed by Philly..

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Pretty sure that's a smokescreen. They HAVE to have interest, IMO. I mean honestly, there defense should be Top-10 next year. They have Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Kerley, Cumberland/Amaro aren't awful TEs, decent OL, & between Ivory/Ridley/Powell/Richardson they should have a decent run game. They just need another pass rusher and QB.

Geno isn't the answer.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

You guys seem a little confused.

The trades we are suggesting isn't on the level of the Redskins trade so get that out of your head. We are suggesting normal value for those teams to move up from where they are. Moving up from #12 to #2 costs a lot. But keep something in mind. The Browns (and the Jets will be this year) at a point where there D will keep them from picking in the top 10, so they will either have to pay a fair price to move up or they will not be able to draft a potential franchise QB.

A lot of people think Winston and Mariota are better prospects than RG3 but not as good as Luck (obviously). And frankly, most teams picking in the top 5 probably need a QB and it looks like over the next few years, there may not be more than 1 or 2 'franchise' qb's available. So much like the Titans who could build up their team to the point where if Mett isn't the answer, we may not be so bad as to pick in the top 10...and then we'd have to send a boat load of picks to someone in another draft to move up. And atm, I don't see a QB prospect for next year as good as Winston or Mariota so if Mett doesn't work out this year, we could end up sending a boat load of picks to someone next year for a prospect who not as good as the guy we can take right now.

If people don't wanna pay a fair price, take Mariota. We'll have our QB for right now and our QB for the future so hopefully we will be set at the most important position on the field. Or, we get a major trade and reload the team. But I'm not dropping 10 spots for a pittance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar