Rumor Bradford, Cox, Kendricks & #20 for #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I didn't read this one yet but may have just overlooked it.

This rumor is from NJ.com:
    Eagles' latest Marcus Mariota rumor involves Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Sam Bradford | NJ.com

The Titans get #20, Bradford, Cox and Kendricks for #2.

Or, the Browns get involved and deal #19 to Philly for Bradford which means the Titans would get #19 and #20 along with Cox and Kendricks.

If they could get Cox and Kendricks signed to long-term deals before the trade, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. But that's what makes all this unlikely, IMO.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I think this was discussed a few days ago but that rumor isn't really going away.

Here are my issues with that Eagles trade:

-Bradford coming in means nothing. He can't stay healthy, might as well roll with Mett. Flip him to CLE for #19 (apparently they said no to #12).

-Cox and Kendricks are on the last year of their deals. They will be looking for big pay days as well, Titans will have to be committed to bringing them back for this trade to be a success.

-Is 19 and 20 worth trading back from #2 along with 2 guys that may not come back? That carries a lot of risk.

I would still probably do the trade but I would hit up the Browns and maybe even the Chargers before making that deal.

If you're not a fan of Mariota, then you would probably take any trade on the table. If you support Mariota, it's a bit harder to figure out because you view Mariota as a franchise guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Cox and Kendricks probably are receptive to a nice signing bonus a year early but, as you say, without the long-term deal, in place, it's just not worth it for one year.

I pass on Bradford. If #19 and #20 were in the mix, I'd have to ask for a #1 in 2016.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

no

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think too many moving parts in this trade scenario because of the need for contract extensions. The Browns would certainly have to get one done with Bradford before they would trade for him. Just don't see 3 long term deals getting done and the 3 way thing happening. I don't want anything to do with Bradford either.

I'm not sure why the Brown would want Bradford either. I still think the fact that their QB coach worked so extensively with Mariota that they would want him over Bradford.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The problem with #19 and #20 is that this year, according to some experts, there are only 16 or so guys with a first-round grade. The guys who get drafted at 19 and 20 this year would be second-round guys most years. If you take #19 or #20 in trade, you're only receiving second-round talent.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I also think if Cleveland trades, they trade for mariota .

8. Rudad

Rudad Starter

I could see the Titans asking too much for the 2 spot this year.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kendricks, Cox, 19, & 20 for 2 and you have a deal

19: Todd Gurley
    20: Dorial Green-Beckham
    33: TJ Clemmings
    66: Nate Orchard
    100: Ifo Ekpre-olomu
    5th: Jamil Douglas
    6th: Jalston Fowler
    6th: Robert Myers

QB: Mett | ClipboardJesus
    RB: Gurley | Sankey | McCluster | Andrews
    FB: Fowler
    TE: Walker | Fasano | Thompson
    WR: DGB | Hunter | Wright | Douglas | Nicks | Ford
    OL: Clemmings/Bell - Warmack/Douglas - Scwenke - Levitre/Myers - Lewan/Stingly

DE: Casey | Cox | Pito | Martin | Klug | Al Woods
    NT: Hill |Woods | Jones
    OLB: Orakpo | Morgan | Orchard | Wimbley | Massaquoi
    ILB: Kendricks | Williamson | Brown | Woodyard | Gooden
    CB: McCourty | Cox | Ekpre-Olomu | BWW | Sensa | Harris | Wooten
    S: Griffin | Searcy | Stafford | Huff

Not too shabby.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea seriously... If #19, #20, Cox, and Kendricks were up for grabs for the #2 pick, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I will be pissed if we end up with Bradford no matter what the cost.

This is such a BS rumor though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar