Bold prediction: Sean Payton next Titans HC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Dec 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Hey man Wilson has pulled off some really good games this last month.

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I wouldn't mind them keeping the same staff, maybe change o line coach. Just fill these holes in secondary , o line , running back. As long as we still have Lebeau. I know this won't happen but why not Horton as head coach? Wasn't he being considered as a potential new hire? I guess last years defensive performance negated that.

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I think it may be good to let them keep developing within this system.

4. chapa_el

chapa_el Starter

I'm on the Gase train as well. Peyton loved him. That would be great for Mariota

Please god not Brian kelly! Dude can win some games, but can never win the big ones

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

As for a prediction........ Hue Jackson. He seems to be the guy most people are supporting league wide as a HC. THAT DOES NOT MEAN I THINK HE IS THE RIGHT OR WRONG GUY.......just my prediction. I do very much like his style of offense. I am just very concerned it will not work here. We have no where near the WR or RB talent he has currently.

As for who I want.....I am still undecided.

Maybe we should stay away from gurus and geniuses. It seems as if they come with huge egos that are tied to the system they run. Any really good HC is going to adjust their system to the players we have. The HCs that make it in this league look at what they have; and make a system that takes advantage of that talent. Sure, it will be a variation of what got them the job; but they make the system fit to their players. Maybe Whiz was just so bad it has me biased.

Regardless of who we end up with; I hope it is some one willing to listen to the people around them. Many reports I saw said that players, coaches, and assistants were afraid; or knew it would do no good to give ideas to Whiz. Any good leader will want, look for, and embrace feedback from his team. Otherwise, why even have them?

The next HC has to find a way to take advantage of the roster that Webster has stuck them with. Let's be honest; it won't be easy. However, we have a great young QB that can be a game changer. I just hope our next HC is not so set on his system that he does not see that we have potential to win this division. That is what we had this year.

6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Interesting take on Bevell and your thoughts on Mariota (revelation here to say the least). Keep in mind he has been the architect for several teams offenses including Brett Farve's Vikings that included Peterson, Rice and Harvin.

He's not my first choice because I'm not sold on him but his Seahawk offense has exploded in the last month with second rate weapons.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No college coaches. Let the college coaching geniuses with their brilliant schemes stay in college. The Titans are an NFL team, they need anNFL coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar