BoDog Band Battle?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Anyone watch this show? Kinda like a low budget American Idol for bad metal bands - hosted by Johnny Rotten and the dude from The Cult..
    The Nashville battle takes place this Tues and they asked the Cruds to play. I have no idea how this is gonna to play out...

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Trust me Jeno,play Fried Chicken.

Don't forget to tell Astbury you have a buddy in the UK who saw him very early on at Salford University. Can't hurt your chances buddy.:))

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How many tracks will you be asked to play?

I also favor 'I Sold My Brian' & 'Blood Moon'.
    :rimshot: :guitar: :nana3:

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They gave us 20 minutes to include set-up tear-down and a 3 song set. We played Tennessee Bloodbath, Blood on the Bannister and I Eat The Living.
    Johnny Rotten and Billy Duffy weren't there... I guess they come on board further down the line. We qualified for the next round (honestly there was no real competition - not sure why they didn't have some of Nashville's better bands in the mix- there was some pretty haggard sounding acts up there)

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Congrats on getting through.

Tennessee Bloodbath is a new one to me buddy.

I get the impression that Blood on The Bannisters is a popular track but it's my least favorite on the album.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

So when is the next one?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Man I'm with you about Bannisters although live it's got this 'audience participation" thing going.. I picked "I Eat" and the guys picked the other two.. Tennessee Bloodbath has been our opener for a while - it's on the new record (whenever that comes out)..

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I was told it's Nov 9 at The Rutledge, Nashville. Should we survive the one after that will be regional.

I have to add there were a few bands there who brought the old "canned applause" section with them. It was pathetic. The band is up on stage, wearing their own swag, totally stinking up the place, and their people are going absolutely nuts for them... On the other side of the fence, Cruds fans are folks who avoid "band battles" at all cost so at this gig we're totally playing to the judges and a room full of people who have never even heard of us. Three songs in and the place is totally on fire, people are singing along, screaming like lunatics. I was surprised to say the least...

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sounds like a great thing for you guys... good luck on the next round!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar