Bob Sanders back to IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You know who reminds me of Bob Sanders? Kenny Britt. He also seems to be injury prone.

I'm wondering what it will be for Kenny next time, next year? Another hammy? A high ankle sprain? Who wants to bet their house that he will start all 16 games in 2012?

2. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

He did happen to make my NFL All-IR team! He was my first round pick

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You know what's sad about Bob Sanders though?

As much as I've always thought he was extremely overrated as a safety- the guy has heart. He gets injured every time he touches the field- but he fights back from every one of them. He could have easily called it quits 2 seasons ago- yet he still keeps coming. Which makes sense. You can tell by the way he plays that he has a passion for the game. Sucks that he's probably just too small to play with the intensity he does.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's what pissed me off about a guy suggesting that he gets injured because he is lazy and out of shape. And then some dim wit gives me an "it sucks" for saying that has nothing to do with why he gets hurt.

Some people act like they never saw a football game before.

Some players are really durable while others doing the same exact thing taking the same hits get hurt all the time. That's just the way it is.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bob Sanders should have played baseball.

6. Deuce Wayne

He probably still could if that was a legit option for him.

Hell, look around the MLB.. not like you have to be in stellar physical condition to play there.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't take that bet....you are right. He came into the league hurt if I remember correctly, and has not been able to string more than a few games at a time together without getting hurt. Sad, but true.

8. Deuce Wayne

Morgan is going to be the same type of oft-injured player.

I still say this is a conditioning problem. Guys don't stretch/warm up properly as they age and take abuse. I did this myself.
    All through school playing sports the only injury I had was a broken toe from soccer. And I never stretched on my own. I'd go through team stretches casually. So I get a bit older and still try to show my jets... still thinking I don't have to stretch or anything because I never did before. So when playing softball I turned second with that 4.57 speed just showing off - and all of a sudden my knees felt weak and it felt as if my thigh muscles were going to fall off the bone. Scary. Legs just broke down.
    That was about 2 years ago and I'm just now back to normal. But I notice when playing football at the park how much easier it is for me to get hurt compared to just a few years back. Sprains and everything just seem to be waiting for me.

Some teams conditioning is just bad. The Titans had about the worst S+C team in the NFL for a while. Not sure if they were replaced or got better, or if we've just been lucky lately. But not too long ago it seemed a player went down every other play- literally. That's a direct reflection of bad S+C.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That is exactly my concern about Britt....and actually CJ as well. I still think that this was a big part of VY's problem also. Kids think that they are young and invincible.

I used to be the same way....a very very long time ago. I wound up f-in up something in my shoulder (maybe rotator cuff...never got it checked out though) for the same reason...lack of warm up for a softball game. It took me several years before I could make more than 1-2 hard throws in a game.

10. Deuce Wayne

haha were you as upset as me? I thought- of all the sports I've played... I get injured playing... softball???!! Pride took a huge hit that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar