Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Bloody Thursday to begin.. Owners turn off all talks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    NFL News Click here to find out more!

Owners break off talks with players union Click here to find out more!

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (March 2, 2006) -- NFL owners voted unanimously Thursday to break off talks with the players' union on a contract extension, leaving the current salary cap in place with the start of free agency looming -- and possibly forcing the mass dumping of veterans.

The owners, who met for 57 minutes Thursday morning, endorsed a recommendation by their management council executive committee to reject the union's latest proposal.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue was expected to have a news conference later Thursday morning.

saw on my Fantasy Football site...no link yet..breaking news..actually was a press conference
  2. nigel Back on the bus

Moolah:
    $0
    Colin Cowherd played a clip of Tag's news conference this morning. It sounds like the owners are pretty strong in their resolve. Either that, or they are playing a really dangerous game of chicken with the NFLPA.
  3. Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Moolah:
    $25

It’s really easy. They are the owners and have money in the reserves; the players are the ones who end up losing the most. I think the NHL's lockout was a major message for all professional sports. I doubt you see any more work stoppages in the near future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.