Blaine Gabbertt..... Apparently an Impressive Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

Not a huge fan of the 1st round talent as far as QBs go this year, but from what I've read Blaine Gabbertt had an awesome Pro Day and I quote, "Gabbert couldn’t have done better had he borrowed Drew Brees‘ right arm." Seems pretty intriguing and to make it more interesting Munchak and Reinfeldt were both in attendance. Very interesting, but there are a few scenarios to consider; will Gabbertt be there at eight? Would we take him if available or (depending on what defensive prospects are there) would we draft someone over him. Munchak is very well intune with the trenches and what they mean though (plain and simple, win the up front and we win the ball game) might we go after a top defensive lineman or do you believe he will start off his tenure with a new hopeful franchise QB with our first round pick (stay away from Newton PLEASE) or do you think it best if we just trade back and get some draft picks. A lot of options and a lot to contemplate. The talent is somewhat "deep" at the QB position and when I say that I mean Gabbertt is starting to breaking away from the rest of the QB pack and it seems like all the other prospects that are 1st and 2nd round talent are all the same guy (not as far as style if play obviously) but as far as potential in the league and ability to start. Most of these prospects will take some time, but when it comes down to it, we can't pick everyone of them. It's pretty immanent that we are going to draft a QB, now where is the question? Who do you think we take in the 1st and where and when do we take a QB. My opinion is Da'Quan Bowers (1st Round) Ryan Mallett (2nd Round). Two solid players and guys that have a definite shot at starting for the Titans in 2011.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He'll be gone before 8.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If we're lucky.

This guy is garbage. He was garbage in college, he'll be garbage in the NFL.

He's the QB version of Chris Henry.

How people think a guy is going to magically be good all of a sudden as competition gets tougher makes no sense to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Almost certain the Bills will take him 1st now.

He is not garbage and he was not garbage at Missouri. I agree that his numbers were not what you expect from a guy with that skill set and the system and the players he had at missouri.

Everything he has done since has been good. Great combine interview. Proved himself to be more athletic than some thought and had a great wonderlic score. With a great pro day you assume that almost all the teams have him as the #1 QB in this draft and the Bills probably make him the #1 pick.

It's always iffy with any QB taken that high in the draft but as a propsect based on the information at hand he has done everything right to help his draft status.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not garbage, but not worth a #8 pick in my opinion. Hopefully RollTide is right, and Buffalo reaches for him first.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've been against drafting Mallett all along, but that would be a great draft IMO because you're getting two NFL players. We've seen the Titans draft plenty of non NFL players with their top two picks, so I'd be happy to see this work out. However, personally I'd prefer Jake Locker (1st round) and Stephen Paea (2nd round). The problem with my picks is how late can we wait on Locker, could we find a trade partner and gain a pick?

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My bet is Gabbert #4 to the Bengals.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think there's a really good chance he goes #1 overall.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Good, that means those great defensive players are going to fall just a bit further to us :brow:

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

And it will be even more frustrating for most of the people on this forum when the Titans reach for a QB.

Get ready for it, people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar