1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

Blaine Gabbert remind anyone of Jay Cutler?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Special Teams Standout

Alright, so I have been watching tape of the QBs in this draft, and the more I watch, the more I realize I may have been unfair in my initial thoughts on Gabbert. He has all the tools to be a NFL QB, he can make all the throws, is mobile, and is much more accurate then I gave him credit for. His WRs had a lot of drops on throws that were right on the money. His play reminds me a lot of Jay Cutler's at Vandy. I'm not saying I want him at #8, just that the more I watch, the more I am moving him up my board.
  2. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

I agree with Gabbert being like Cutler, he has all the tools but I would wait on a high draft QB until next year and maybe pick up a mid rounder like Ponder, Dalton or Stanzi in this draft as insurance. I think we would get much greater value next draft with Luck and maybe Barkley coming out.
  3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Just say no to any Quarterback in this year's draft ... it is a waste of a draft pick, period
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

No, dude's the most overrated QB I've seen in years.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. chamgel2

I said it in both drafts, and I'll say it now, that title goes to Jamarcus Russell and Matt Leinart...both were overrated for numerous reasons. As far as Gabbert, I do not believe he is worth a top 10 pick, and if Locker doesn't tear it up at the Senior Bowl, I'd say there is no QB in this draft worth a top 10 pick.
  6. chamgel2

Id agree with this, unless Locker has a good Senior Bowl...he is the only QB in this draft I am interested in early. If we pass in the first, there are a few guys I like later, but I would not be upset if we passed on the position all together in the draft.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Not really
  8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

so what do you guys say if gabbert actually does tear it up from under center at the senior bowl? do we make a move and just say heck with it and try to draft him?
  9. chamgel2

Gabbert left college early as a junior so he will not be in the Senior Bowl.
    QBs in the Senior Bowl are Locker, Dalton, Ponder, Stanzi, McElroy, Kaepernick.
  10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

There is just no QB that is good enough in the draft to go as high as 8. Trade down to the mid-teens pick up a 2 and pick Gabbert, maybe. Personally I don't think there is a QB that should be taken in round 1. I have a feeling there may be zero QB's taken in the 1st this year, perhaps one near the end of the round, but thats it.
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.