Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL prospect.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not a big surprise: Kiper just said that Gabbert's stock is falling a bit. Could drop him out of the top 10.

Top 10 was always way too high to draft him. Deuce took things too far by saying he's not an NFL prospect, but I think it's far to say that Gabbert is far from a sure thing.

I looked into his numbers and he sure completes a ton of short passes. A guy who checks down all the time is not exactly what the Titans need to be looking for. He has good accuracy and could probably be taught the rest of the stuff he needs, but he's a project.

I still think Gabbert could be the best QB available in this draft, but I think the earliest you can think about taking him is late in round 1.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think he necessarily checks down, Mizzou just runs a lot of slants and bubble screens. It is a ball control passing offense.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Plus, Manning has beaten us plenty of times dinking and dunking us to death. The ability to launch it 50 yards downfield is overrated. Short/Med accuracy is the most important, I believe. Hopefully we aren't behind enough to have to go deep 20 times/game. Short slants, screens, and other routes win plenty of games.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The biggest reason to love Blaine Gabbert is that Duece doesn't like him. I'm serious!

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Duece's talent evaluation is pretty far off, but your not one to talk...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Do what???!!

I'm a solid 80%... and I'm actually vocal.

Put anyone you want up against me. Kiper, forum nerd... anyone. I'll make them look like they shouldn't have a job.

For every 2 guys I've been wrong on- there are 10 I was dead on with in both directions.

you have to dig to find players I miss on. I even consider I missed on Vince Young- and I was adamant about the failure he'd be if you can recall. Many would say I had it right.... but I'll still take that as a loss because he did do well last year.

Hell, I typically even call O and DROYs during the draft and get those.

7. TheSureThing

so you say...

I've seen you been dead wrong on players more often than even remotely close to predicting the good ones.

And you can add 2 more bums to your "wrong" list with Scott Tolzien and Colin Kaepernick...

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

LMAO - FIND THEM. Of all the players I discuss.. FIND the ones I'm wrong on. People here have tried, and there are very... very few. This is why they latch on to 3-4 players I discussed - McFadden, Tashard Choice (who only proves me right, typically), uhh.... a few more. It's bad when I can't even name them. Earl Thomas is one I was wrong about.

And wait... what did I say good about Kaepernick?? Let's find that...

I say I think he's a better option than Newton. Have you seen what I say about Newton?...

So I say he'll be a solid backup. Think I'm wrong there? Which direction are you going?

"So I say"... dude, I'm probably the most opinionated person on this board that never holds back when I feel strong about players. It surely wouldn't be hard to find the ones I've missed on.

9. TheSureThing

my mistake, I thought you were one of the people convinced Kaepernick was a future Hall of Famer...

heres a short list of guys I can remember you being wrong about..

Tashard Choice and Darren McFadden as you mentioned
    Dennis Dixon
    Chad Henne
    Devin Hester
    Adarius Bowman
    Davone Bess

the jury is still out on Brandon Graham and Knowshon Moreno, but you can probably add both of them to the list shortly.

And those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are plenty of others.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

choice hasnt really got the shot to play as he has been in the shadow of 2 other solid rb that dallas has and for moreno performed decent this year while splitting carries part of the year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar