Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Bironas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Dec 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000

there are kickers who have played into their 40's
    George Blanda was 48
    Gary Anderson was 45
    Morten Anderson was 47
    John Carney was 45
    Adam Vinatieri is 40 and still playing and doing good
    and I left out a few
    The Hammer high fives this.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,071
    I'd be cool with using a seventh round pick on a kicker for some legitimate competition. Who else is going to be around in the seventh?

Making 85.7% of your kicks doesn't suck though...
  3. ColtKiller Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $4,055
    No its great. Why waste a pick Bironas looks to have plenty of quality kicks left. He boots it out of the end zone on nearly every kickoff so he doesn't appear to be losing any legal strength.
  4. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,227
    Stupid auto correct eh?

Anyway, I agree. He is still solid. Had a great year and the leg strength is still there. As long as the leg strength is there and he is making kicks we are good.
    Ewker and ColtKiller high five this.
  5. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,154

Yea, luckily he didn't cost us any games this year.

I was impressed by that 55 yarder... didn't think he had it in him.

One more year is fine, I guess. But I always have nightmares of Al Del Greco. I have always loved Bironas, but I was really worried he was gonna Del Greco us this season. I'd hate for his legacy to be tarnished because of something like that.

Del Greco, like Bironas, was great for so long, but he ****ed us so hard in his final game, and that was the best shot we ever had at winning a Super Bowl. I guess we don't have to worry about Bironas screwing us out of a Super Bowl, seeing as we're nowhere near close to reaching one.
  6. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,071
    Why waste a seventh round pick? Because those are so valuable. They're so valuable, in fact, that we traded one away to move up and pick Scott Solomon in the sixth. Two years later he's playing for the Jets.
  7. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,811
    Jets cut him, he's with TB. not that it matter, doubt he makes a roster next year.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    We've done ok with 7th round picks. Compared to other teams.