Biggest Titan Bust???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HonestABE, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Completely. Tho it's hard to consider someone a bust when his chance of being on an NFL roster has everything to do with how well he plays special teams lol.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Personal perception is that I withhold that label for people that have a high level of reputation to continue...

Like imagine if Te'o comes out and doesn't get picked til near the end of the second... His reputation from college is that he's a sure fire pick and an immediate starter on a pro team... Thus he's drafted high, if he bombs out of the league in 4 years and he's never seen again like his GF... Bust...

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Anyone claiming that a guy is a bust just 2 years into his career is just dumb. Especially when that guy has only played in about 3/4 of a seasons worth of games, and was injured in over half of those.

But then you say VY was not a bust because he won OROY???? ... I'm sorry, but VY was a bad QB on a good team. He had a solid rookie year because teams didn't know how to defend him against the run, but that is about it. He was terrible in his 2nd year. The only reaseon we went to the playoffs with him was all because of the D, specifically AH who is the same reason we went the next year under KFC.

VY really didn't start to look like a real NFL QB until his 4th or 5th year, then he threw a tantrum and got the entire staff blown up.

So basically the only way to not be considered a bust is to have instant success, and then forget about the rest, right?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well I think we can all agree this is a bust.....

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats no bust, thats dinner!

[​IMG]

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

How is it not Vince Young?

Third overall pick in the draft absolutely wasted because the owner wanted him. Not only should he have not been drafted there, he was coddled his entire time here because the owner loved him. "VY IS MY GUY!"

"He lead us to the playoffs!" No he didn't. He rode the coattails of a top-three defense to the playoffs. 18.6 points per game allowed by that 2007 defense. It shouldn't be hard to score 19 points a game. Lost to the Chargers because we couldn't score two touchdowns and a field goal. That's all we needed to force OT.

Dude had more turnovers than touchdowns in his career. Constantly injured. Constantly a distraction. Constantly not very good.

Locker might be there with him when it's all said and done as far as stats, but he will never be the headache VY was. Ever.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I won't say VY because he actually contributed to the team. IMO he's not even a bust but certainly I would say he was a terrible pick.

My vote would be Woolfolk followed by Chris Henry. Guys that literally never did anything.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That is one ugly ****ing baby

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

These

[​IMG]

and FU RIVERMAN. It said Titan bust l2read

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Vince Young and it's not even close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar