Best Wireless Routers Compatible w/ Macs?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by KamikaZ, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I just got my Verizon DSL, and am now in the market for a router. Which product would you guys recommend I look into?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't get linksy. i got one when i got my laptop and for some reason it wouldn't work. i disconnected it and tried to re-set like 10 times, but it wouldn't work. then i took it back and got a belkin, set it up the same exact way as the linksy and it has worked fine ever since(about a year and a half).

3. Netgear and Belkin are probably your best bet (other than Apple's Airport Extreme or Express, which is more expensive)

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have a linksys and love it. Much faster than my netgear but it was older.

There are tons of rankings of routers out there. The only consistent thing I've read is that you usually get what you pay for in a router so stay away from the extremely cheap models.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we have the Apple Airport Extreme
    one of the deepest router control programs I've ever seen
    or you can just leave it open (no security)

the USB port (used as a Print Server), is great. you can hook a hub to the USB port and everything connected to it will be available to your entire network (printer / HDD / media server / etc..) ... the print server function works very well and is pretty damn fast .... we had another router with a print server and it didn't work worth a damn

The AirPort Extreme is Wi-Fi Certified for 802.11n draft 2.0 and also has Gigabit Ethernet ports
    we also appreciate the fact that it has NO external antennas

[​IMG]

http://www.apple.com/airportextreme/performance.html

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Just an update, I went cheaper and got the Belkin Wireless-G. Ideally, I would have liked to cop Airport Extreme, but the price was just too high for a broke college student like me. However, I'm getting high speeds and no drop offs so far, so at least for now it has worked ideally.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, if you go somewhere like CompUsa, you can get the thing on like 6 months no interest .... just sayin'

9. It's still more expensive. Better to just get the Belkin for most people...

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

good choice, that's the one i have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar