"Best Player Available"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by thnom, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Reese has said he wants to select the best player available, but at #3, that is most certainly gonna D'Brickshaw Ferguson. If it wasn't for Reggie Bush and the prominence of Young, Ferguson could have #1 overall.

There is no clear #1 @ QB with both having their different upsides. Young having the athletisism but will it translate to the NFL? Leinart with the arm strength but he has something you can't teach in his presence.

D'Brickshaw is a beast. He's the best player available at #3. But how do you interpret "best player available"

The best RB (NFL: Shaun Alexander) is DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White.
    The best "athlete" at RB (NFL:LT) is Reggie Bush

So which is the better RB? Personally I think you've gotta look RB and not the athlete.

Best QB: Leinart
    Best "athlete" at QB: Young

Are we drafting players or athletes?

Edit: I think you have to take points off of Leinart because he's Left-Handed. You may ask why but left-handed makes his blindside the RT, not left. "Dominating" Tackles come in the form of left side, not right.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

As much as I like the thought of having the Brick, I think that Vince Young is a very special player and that he is the 3rd best pick in the entire draft. I also think that the Titans will select him at #3. They better. :grrr::hot:

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't really think I would be disappointed with any of the top 5 or 6 prospects.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I would. Its time to address the quarter back situation seeing that we are in full rebuilding mode now. It really doesnt make sense to have McNair (when he actually does practice) to develop a strong chemistry with the young receiving core we have now just for him to retire in 2 years. Its time to bring in the new blood. We suck right now and if we are in rebuilding mode we should be serious and address key situation.

The need for a dominant linebacker can be filled in the second and third rounds (the pick we'll get for billy) since there is considerable depth at that position. We do need help at S. Has anyone considered the possiblity of drafting Jason Allen of UT. He would have went in the first last year but decided to say and got hurt. He is definantly a second round early 3rd.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'll be interested to hear reports on Allen's workouts and see where he is in hip movement. Hip injuries can be really difficult to overcome, but I heard his was not as serious as what happened to Bo Jackson or even Deon Grant.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nice Shoes.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

from the #3 spot , I would

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it seems my new favorite phrase of the week is "Ya know, if we were contending this year then without a doubt keep him"
    but i don't think we're going to "contend" AND EVEN IF we were- I don't see us pushing deep with this group (not this year anyway :wink2:)
    it is IMPERATIVE that we draft a CAPABLE QB in the 1st round (wherever that may be) - regardless if McNair stays and unquestionably if he does not

Linebacker is a thick position draftwise this year .....
    ....no need to blast away at one too early
    and unless we're talking about Chad Greenway 1st day, i say wait till the second (day)
    I think a safety comes Day 1 ..... just a guess

and welcome on board ..... way to come at it straight

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

If Houston is "smart" they take Ferguson. there's absolutely no point in having both a #1 overall pick tied up in a QB and a RB if the line doesn't protect or open lanes.
    Reggie Bush will fair no better in Houston as Domanick Davis does. Vince Young would continue to do ALOT of scrambling .... because he'll have to

yeah it's kinda like a 1a and a 2b. I couldn't call Young the 1 or 2 - wouldn't think of Leinart as the 1, or even the 2 (but I like him as the 2b)
    Matt's best shot at success early would be with us
    Vince might take some growing
    bot are High Risk / High Reward

well, i think we proved he was the "safe" pick http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=229

I'm not quite sold on this. I don't think he'll transition well
    Best athlete in the entire draft . period.

hopefully both
    and I can tell you if it's Young there at 3, my card would be on the podium as soon as NO made their pick

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Jason Allen looked great, if his rehab is going on schedule, and if only we had our third round pick back, I would LOVE to see him last to round 3. Two would be reaching at our spot because of the injury imo, but I don't think there's any way he'd last until 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar