Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Best new movie you've never heard of

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Starkiller, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I'm pumped to see it, I love Clive Owen, and it looks really interesting.
  2. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,654
    This will be one of those pseudo intellectual films where the only people that like it seem to be pretending to like it just to seem like some sort of superior when it comes to understanding the depth of a film.
    I myself hate movies that try too hard to be artsy and end up just being dull. Last movie I saw that fits this mold was "The Proposition" a movie that has a cult of supporters, but none can explain why they like the story - just the picture.
  3. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    That's a pretty ridiculous thing to say, especially when you haven't seen the movie...
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,654
    It's an assumption. I'm betting an accurate one, but just an assumption for now. I'll never find out though
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,171
    i saw it last night. it was above average. i was expecting a little more action.
  6. Starkiller 9

McNair
    Moolah:
    $11
    I saw it today and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but good. I do think that there were moments that were pretty amazing. It's not for everybody. My brother hated it, but then he tends to hate most things that aren't action movies.

It's not a movie that I'd say it easily classified. It's certainly not an action movie, though there is some action. It's not really modern scifi, though the premise touches on it and it is in the future. Perhaps more of a classical scifi.

It's kind of a deep movie if you want to look at it. It shows the best and worst of humanity all at once. Much is made of immigration. The evils of government and of those who fight them. And life without hope.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.