Bennett's sideline play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He catches it cleanly with his hands and then tucks it in to his body and it was clearly a controlled action, except in Austin's fantasyworld.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

There was no clear bobble, but I wouldn't say it "stuck".

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i been listening to wsnr the past hour or so and they are ripping bennett for not giving 'maximum effort" on two deep balls, including the one im talking about. all they're saying is he half assed those two plays and he was afraid to get hit.

all of that was pretty obvious after watching the game again on nfl short cuts.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

BS call. Looked like it from the stands. Looked like it from the jumbotron. Looked like it from 1 million different angles on my recording of the game.

No way Bennett deserves to be at fault for that.

5. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

it looked clean clear from section 127(opposite endzone from the play) it was just one of a few horrible calls.....and as for Drew he has looked like he's lacking the diving, jumping, bringing it down at all costs that we've seen from him in the past, But Jones and Wade have really stepped up and Jones and VY IMHO are showing the early signs of the mason/mcnair type.. Drew is still a great WR and it's going to take time for him and VY to get there timing down, it's come together better for VY & wade, jones, okay everyone but I'm not giving up on Drew yet... I'm confident they'kll find the stride and get it worked out, at least I hope....
    C'mon titans lets make it 3 in a row.....

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I am talking about when Vince gets blitzed. The one guy he throws it to is Drew and depends on him to make the play. He did it yesterday, and in the Skins game.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Drew did not bobble the ball. It hit his hands -> 1 foot down -> tucked the ball into his chest -> second foot down -> third foot almost down..

I hope the officials gets reamed for that bonehead call.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Minnesota just got screwed even worse. Three steps, and a tuck. Belichek talked the refs into an incomplete. Then review confirms it according to ref, though it really confirmed something else. It's just stupid. I would love for a ref one day to just say, "I don't care what the rules say, that was a catch, and the whole world knows it, so I'm calling it a catch."

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yall are forgetting the great catch he made when Young threw it short and Bennett cut under the corner and made the catch. He did wimp out on that one deep ball that he didn't even try to catch. He was scared.

Definitely a bad call on this one, though. Wouldn't it have put away the game too?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I just got through watching that again

and the defender was about to lay him OUT. even if Drew had caught that pass he probably would have popped it out when dude broke his ribs .... strange as it may seem, it was the right thing to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar