Bengals Fan Checking In...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Skyline, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Hey Skyline, my AFC North predictions.

#1 Stoolers

#2 Rag Birds

#3 Brown turds

#4 Bunguls.

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Skyline....just kidding.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

9-7 will win the AFC North this year.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Bengals could easily go 9-7 IMO. Don't see the Steelers doing much (other than probably beating us week 1), Ravens put all their dough into a QB and the Browns will improve but not enough.

5. Skyline

Skyline Starter

It's certainly unfortunate and I'll be excited to get him back, but the coaching staff feels really good about our ability to fill in.

Sanu can fill the role of slot receiver very very well and with the additon of Eifert in the draft, we have two TEs that are more than capable of filling in.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I haven't read this whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned already but how is Dre Kirkpatrick looking? A lot of people on this board were in favor of drafting him last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Skyline

Skyline Starter

He's looking quite good, and has been getting a lot of praise from Zimmer. If you don't know Zimmer, he doesn't dole out praise lightly. He's currently 4th on the depth chart, but both Newman and Jones have had injury issues in the past.

Could be a big deal for our D. Since he essentially redshirted last season, it's like we gained an additional 1st round pick to go along with Eifert.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Skyline what's up with Bernard & LawFirm... what's the carries situation looking like. Big fan of Bernard and think he can be a stud.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

The ticker on the bottom of NFL Network last night said Bengals say they plan a full 50-50 split between the two

10. Skyline

Skyline Starter

I think it's still TBD. Bernard makes a great 3rd down back due to his ability to catch out of the backfield, so I think that's the role they will test him at first. However, the coaches have also said that they won't be afraid to go with the hot back. So, if Bernard shows well, then expect his role to quickly expand.

Conventional wisdom says that BJGE will continue to get the ball in short yardage/goal-line situations since he's more of a bruiser, but that would lead to a slightly more predictable offense and I know that Gruden wants more flexibility.

It'll be fun to watch develop over the next few preseason games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar