Beastie Boys vs The Beatles CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 21, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Beastie Boys vs The Beatles

Poll closed Feb 22, 2016.
  1. Beastie Boys

25.0%
  2. Beatles

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Avv's crusade continues..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

McDonald's is the number one burger vendor
    "2 1/2 Men" and "Married With Children" were #1 tv shows
    FOX is the #1 news channel
    The Beatles are most popular classic rock band.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Popular stuff. Ugh. Pandering to the masses.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And The Beatles didn't even pander to the masses..
    Heck they were only a band for ten years.
    They performed 50's covers for a nickel per night for a couple of years - then a few years of Beatlemania "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" stuff followed by a series of ever-evolving semi hippy studio releases with no touring behind them.
    Then fin..

Avv's appraisal that they were overrated is blatantly absurd. They invented all of that. If they were overrated, then so was every other musical band of the day.
    40 years later it's all considered traditional and Avv hates traditional anything.
    He gets his vote..

5. avvie

I get that they "invented" all that but stop WORSHIPPING them! Any opinion not fawning them is met with anger and derision and this is NOT FUGGIN NORMAL. Every form of art and science regularly goes through a revolution and they are NOT exceptional for doing the same thing. This is nothing but nostalgia being pushed by old hippies and it's really tiresome in the same way that hipster overvaluing is. Besides that, most of what made the Beatles legends wasnt Tje Beatles so much as George Martin.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If certain people want to worship them then so be it. I don't really see that happening in this thread though. And the only thing even remotely resembling "anger" ITT seems to be coming from people who don't like the Beatles.

IMO trying to make half-assed comparisons to the Wiggles and McDonalds is every bit as absurd as the "worshipping" you are complaining about, just coming from a different end of the spectrum.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dude, it's music, totally subjective - and you seem to be the only getting overtly angry here, and in pretty much every band thread.
    There is nothing wrong with nostalgia, which people apparently value differently..

What's tiresome is when someone is unrelenting in their campaign to force like-minded voting..
    And for all intents and purposes I'd say George Martin essentially was a Beatle..

8. avvie

Band Wars is by definition an opinion generating thread. I thought that's what we were trying to do.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Opinion generating - absolutely.
    Uber car gun rampage on the streets of Mauawaikula not so much...

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

This entire competition is rigged so old white people win, just like in real life. I'm calling BS on this whole process.

#30 Titans Eternal, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar