BCS Race is exciting

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

With Oregon's loss this makes things really interesting to see who lands in the title game.

Will it be Kansas or Oklahoma and will they make it to decide in the Big 12 Championship game? Kansas still has to get by Iowa State and Missouri. If Missouri wins they could be playing in the Big 12 title game vs. Oklahoma to see who makes it.

Then LSU will have to probably play Tennessee in the SEC Championship. While LSU will and should be a heavy favorite, UT will have a lot to prove for Fulmer and Ainge. If UT plays like they have been at home games they could give LSU a run.

That really leaves West Virginia and Ohio State fighting it out to try and make it to the championship game if LSU or all of the big 12 falter. Too bad neither play in a conference championship game that could add an edge to either team. I don't think Hawaii could get enough of a bump even with an undefeated season. Arizona State might end up in the game if they win out and some other losses occur. If enough craziness happens and V-tech wins over virginia and in the ACC conference championship they may be the top 2 loss team that could sneak in the BCS Championship. But so much would have to happen for them to really have a chance.

Still, an exciting BCS run here at the end of the season. A big improvement from the days when there was no college championship game.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking we'll end up with a number of teams with one loss and once again see a computer tell us who should play for the National Championship instead of having a playoff system like every other division in college football and every other college sport.

:duckrun:

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's going to be a wild finish to the title game, and the upsets aren't over yet.

I think LSU will win out and get to the title game, but who they'll play is a big question mark.
    It's like the KY Derby with one horse with a one length lead over the entire field, and where your position is in that field will make the difference.

I think Oklahoma will win the Big 12 championship game, with Kansas and Missouri dropping out of the picture.

West Virginia could lose to UConn. If not, they're going to have a good arguement to be there.

I don't think AZ State or Ohio St are in a good enough postion now to make a push.
    I think it'll be LSU-Oklahoma for the championship. The Big East just doesn't get the respect.

I think UT will beat Vandy this weekend and KY next and get to play LSU in the SEC championship. LSU will win that. If LSU plays in the National Championship game, who then goes to the Sugar Bowl? Probably UT since they will have won the East. However, Georgia is the hottest team right now, and even though UT trounced Georgia, the Bulldogs are ranked higher and are looking like the best team right now.

It's going to be fun watching...

4. Alex1939

I dunno, if there were a playoff a lot of these games would either lose meaning or a huge controversy would just swirl around number 8 & 9 instead of number 2 & 3.

The way the big 12 plays out will determine so much that all of those games take on added importance. The Big 12 Championship game could likely determine who plays in the National Championship. And all the other teams, (Ohio State, etc) have to win to keep any hope alive.

Aside from that the conference races are pretty exciting. The ACC and Big 12 races for their championship games especially.

Hoffa I do think if UT wins out and then loses in the SEC Championship they will end up with the 3 spot for SEC teams in bowl games. Georgia is too hot and already ranked above them. Damn Auburn just went to crap in the second half. But I think UT would have a chance to beat LSU. Likely, no... but they would have a shot. I think the game would define Ainge's career.

Now with all this talk, LSU, UT, Oklahoma will probably all lose this weekend. :ha:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

playoff time

6. Alex1939

Just watch this weekend. It is college football playoffs towards the conference championship and then the nationial championship.

Enjoy this weekend of college football cause it will help determine a lot.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

the BCS will never work! we need a playoff!

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

As interesting and fun this regular season as this has been, Im thinking its going to be an equally boring BCS season. I thought Oklahoma LSU was the best chance at a competitive high level championship game, and now that wont happen. I just cant see LSU vs Missouri or Kansas being any type of a game. And if that doesnt work out and WVU or OSU get in, I cant see them being able to play with LSU either. Of course, what will happen is LSU will get beat in the SEC championship, and then we will have the weakest championship game ever.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

If LSU gets beat, this will be the year that spawns a playoff. Nobody is going to care about a kansas vs West Virginia championship game, and nobody thinks they are the best teams in the country. The BCS is about money, and if that is gone, they will go to a playoff.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

And Ill also add, that if Tim Tebow doesnt win the heisman, that that award becomes almost meaningless. He is clearly the best player in the country, and if he stays healthy, is going to be mentioned on the short list with the all time college greats before he is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar