Babs for the long term

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ensconatus, Feb 20, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Our problem at stopping the run came from starting Ruud. Go watch any RB's highlights from the first half of the season, all their TD's came from running thru Ruud. We held Maurice Jones-Drew in check all game week-1 then he busts a 21-yard TD run on Ruud, same thing the following week, Ray Rice gets Ruud for a 31-yard TD after doing nada all game. We played pretty well vs the run even with Ruud, but after 3 quarters of good play, dude would just suck at the end allowing major runs, and always for TD's. This continues as long as Ruud was playing, once he got hurt, we got better.

We finished the year ranked 24th vs the run, but if you take away those big runs on Ruud, we're actually closer to 15th 16th vs the run. Unlike Marks and Ruud, Casey and McCarthy anchor the middle nicely.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

People who say Babs isn't a long term option are trippin. Your not gonna get a playmaker at every position. In order to be elite, you need to build a solid team. Babs is solid enough to be with us long term. We can draft a safety for the playmaking ability or we can draft a lineman. Either way, people who get on Babs because he isn't getting 9 ints a season are crazy because not EVERY safety will get you that.
  3. JCBRAVE

I've heard players say Babs is the most underrated player in the league.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Babs isn't elite, but he's fairly solid. He makes the most sense. I saw some good plays outta him. He at least goes to the ball. Griff just waits until someone tips him an INT.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Not to mention his inability to tackle RBs without letting them fall forward
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

link?
  7. JCBRAVE

Like I said, I've heard. You think I'd just say that?
  8. steverife

steverife Starter

I have repeatedly heard people say that about Johnathan Babineaux. Jordan? Not so much...

He is good to fans and can contribute, so I want him on the team.
  9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

FTFY :brow:
  10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Babs has my respect because he he to play SS a lot this year and he is a much better FS. I want him playnig FS only for us. Please get Landry! Get Carr if finny walks, and well will have our DB area covered. I also like T. Campbell. He will do well this year.