Attention all Audioslave, Soundgarden, or Chris Cornell Fans.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's too bad. Some musicians go out on a bad note, and I suspected he could go down that path (but I'd love to see Soundgarden get back together so he doesn't fade away).

He did ok with Tom Morrello, but he needs to be back with Kim Thayil.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I saw SG in the mid 80's and they were amazing and again in 92 which was good.
    Saw them at Lollapalooza (year with The Ramones, Rage, Metallica etc) and they were done. I expected a giant hook to come out and yank them off stage. I honestly don't know if a reunion would be a good thing knowing where Chris' head has been over the last few years.
    He has become a purveyor of false Rock.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like Audioslave's first album. It went way downhill after that.

His solo album a few years ago was terrible. This one is worse.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That is very true. He has a great voice, but he needs a good surrounding cast for sure... long story short, he is only as good as the musicians around him.

However, this album is a shock. i expected crappy rock, but I got crappy R&B from a rock singer past his prime.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Lyrically the 'Audioslave' is some of his best work IMO.

He's had maybe two decent tracks on each of his solo efforts up to this album but man it's bad.

It's a sad fact that a lot of artists have produced their best work in the throws of depression,alchohol and drug abuse.

Most that survive their tormented and creative periods churn out a pile of crap once they get clean and sober.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't think his heart is in Rock anymore but I always thought a vintage Chris Cornell might do well with the remaining Alice in Chains guys..

On another Rock note, I read that Topper recently got off the drugs. Man how cool would an original Clash reunion have been now? Dammit Joe, why'd you hafta go and die?

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd like to see Cornell and AIC. AIC was touring with another singer, not surre who he was though.

Speaking of "why'd you hafta go and die?"....Layne Staley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar