At&t U-Verse

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i get that .... but if you're a small office or a residential ........

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

What's to understand. Private Office Viewing. Take our total bill divide it by 20 recievers. Ends up around $12 per. If one person has 3 recievers, it is $36 a month. Then when NFL time comes around, get that and split that up. Last season, got NFL and College package and came out to about $100 a person.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i get it ... not looking for Office satellite service
    understand that you did not explain the details of the service when you proclaimed it "the best deal eva", because it's really not, unless you happen to work in an environment with 20-30 people

if it was a service for a small office of only 3 people it would be a horrible deal, and I don't see it's relevance in a discussion about residential service

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

You get friends and family. You sign up for Private Viewing. I have 3 at my house, father has like 5, sister has 3, neighbor has 2, friend has 2, another has another 2-3. All at seperate houses. One account.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

?
    separate installations, at different locations on one account ?
    that doesn't sound like what I was looking at

you got a link ?

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just so we're on the same page here ....... to many that doesn't sound like "private" or "office"

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Here is what it is. Directv calls is "Private Office Viewing". It is set up for those who need multiple recievers, on one account, that won't be shown publicly like at a bar. This is what folks like Country Music Stars use so they can have Directv on boat, house, bus etc. The downside is you have to buy your equipment that isn't tagged for lease. You pay for programming plus a per reciever charge, which is like $3-4 bucks. We called company that sets up business accounts. Told them a business, say like, Puck Inc. Then my dad, sister, friends and neighbors signed on board. I handle the account and every april everyone pays me a yearly fee that I send to Directv. It sounds confusing but it isn't. And it is perfectly legal.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, it isn't perfectly legal since there is no business. If you have to lie to get it, then it isn't legal. Just because you get away with it doesn't mean that it's ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar