Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 25, 2012.

1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I still don't really think this makes sense for the Titans. If they wanted an expensive CB on the roster, they would have kept Finnegan. I think the team is content to move forward with McCourty, Verner and the guys currently on the roster + the guy(s) who will be drafted this year.
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Titans don't like Finnegan. Plus, Asante is better than Finnegan and a shorter-term option.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why would you want to trade a valuable draft pick (most are saying a 3rd) for a short-term fix?
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Starter

I don't think anyone with a right mind would trade a 3rd for him. A 4th, now you're talking...
  5. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

He's been wanting out since they traded for DRC and signed Asomugha. I think they have to move him and if he is in fact willing to re-work his deal then he's worth a 3rd. It'd be better if it was a 3rd in next years draft though that way we could use this years to help fill out the roster.
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Starter

Dude. Jesus Christ. That's awful news.
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Asante would re-work his deal then absolutely I would make that trade, I would try not giving up the 3rd but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

The Titans want to upgrade the CB position? Hmm....
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Why is he not worth a 3rd round pick? He's a top 10 CB. Do we think we can get a top 10 player at their position in the 3rd round?

Some folks here value mid-round picks way too much. Usually our 3rd round picks suck.
    • High Five High Five x 6
  10. BiscoMettShow

BiscoMettShow Starter

Two words, Rennie Curran...

edit: I didn't even think of Ryan Mouton too sheesh, we'd arguably be better off just giving our 3rd away for free
    • High Five High Five x 3