Article on Titans not making playoffs in '08

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

What team actually made a significant upgrade in our division? No one. We are going to continue to be contenders.
  2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Agreed, but we were the last team in and did not make any major moves to improve. I think we have a good shot, but it is not crazy talk to suggest we might not make the playoffs. Only 1 team behind us has to pass us.
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think the Browns were a fluke last year. As for the Jags, Garrard might be a little bit overrated.
  4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

you dont trust trent edwards but somehow trust vince young
  5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Correct. VY has started for 2 years, and has a better cast to work with than Edwards. Yes, I said it. All Edwards has is Lee Evans and Lynch. I'd take Crumpler, CJ, LenWhale, Gage, and Roydell Williams over those 2. Not to mention the better O line. VY also has the added dymension of running to take off some pressure.
  6. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

i would say that evans is way better than gage or williams and parrish is as good as both. or can be. add that james hardy and i really like their weapons. lynch is also hands down better than any of the runners the titans are sporting these days

the titans o-line is better for sure but the bills line isnt horrible. and yes vy can run the ball but he isnt going to be beating anyone with his arm. where i believe edwards is capable of doing
  7. vslyke

Evans will most likely be better than our WRs. That is true. I don't think Parrish is as good as Gage or Williams, but I don't claim to know a whole lot about him. Hardy will be the Gage of last year in a couple of years but Gage and Roydell are much better now. I also think that Gage and some other WR (Mike Willliams, Brandon Jones, or some other random guy) will take a big step up this year. Lynch is a little better than LenWhale but I would still take our stable of RBs over the Bills.

And I don't think Trent Edwards can win a game. VY has shown that he can do it with his legs, or his arm (especially when Brandon Jones doesn't drop the key pass). :grrr:
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

^You don't think Vince overthrows his recievers? Watch some film. People think he's a god, but in reality, he has a lot of live up to...I doubt if he'll ever be as good as he's been projected to be. Lendale IS better than Lynch, IMO.
  9. vslyke

He has on several occasions, but I think Dinger will largely fix that. And I really don't see how LenWhale is better than Lynch. Lynch has way more big play potential.
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Lynch may be faster, but I think Lendale will be more productive as a running back. He's a big, tough RB with a lot of durability. He bounces off tackles and rarely looses yardage...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.