Article: How the Titans Went Retro and Unleashed Marcus Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

They be hating.

2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

The team seems to have just gelled better over the past few weeks. Everything has gotten better offensively. Oline play, running game, deep passes, everyone has gotten more confident and they now believe in themselves and their teammates and know they can win every week.

At first I think it was a shock, like "hey, did we just win a game"? Now they believe and expect to win and it shows.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

? Really? I said it before the season began, "a good running game is a young quarterbacks best friend.". The single biggest difference from last year to this just happens to be A GOOD RUNNING GAME. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Best line I've read.. "and now this looks like the offense Mariota has been meant to run all along" in reference to the summer backlash of the Mularkey hiring.

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Yes a good effective running game helps. Not necessarily running the ball MORE.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I don't think that's the case. I think Mariota has shown he can adapt to any style of offense.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I loved the way we came out so aggressively against GB. We need more of that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Mularkey got schooled by Whisenhunt at SD.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

This is football 101. When you can run the ball, the corners and safeties have to stay up to help out. It's classic - all you have to do is catch one looking in the backfield on a playfake and you have a wide open receiver. With the speed these guys have you just need one hesitation and it's over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Our offense scored more points than their offense. Explain how Wisenhunt schooled him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar