Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Arrington On The Market

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by WKUTITAN, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    We have the money now!
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,011
    no thanks. he sat last year because he doesnt play team defense.
  3. wg53 Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Nor did Lawerence Taylor......
  4. Vigsted Starter

Moolah:
    $1,367
    LT played in a whole different timeperiod, you can't equate the two.

The knock on Arrington is his tendency to freelance, and from what I've seen, it's a legit concern, however if you can live with it, he'd be a great pickup. Personally I'd rather draft one in the 2. round, it's a deep group this year, so there's likely to be some great players left.
  5. NYTitansFan Guest

what about Will Witherspoon??
  6. MadAboutMcNair Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $0
    I don't think Arrington is a good fit for us. I would rather spend the money on more players.
    Arrington makes too many mistakes to be compared favorably with LT. Can you imagine anybody giving LT his release to go play for another team. And LT had the drug problems hanging ove him.
    If this was fantasy football, I would take him. But I don't think he is the right guy for us. To me, he is the prime example of a player thinking that his natural ability has gotten him this far and it will continue to carry him along. He needs to be in the right system. The knock on him is that he wouldn't do what the coaches wanted him to do, that he took it upon himself to freelance. So I ask this, if he couldn't play for G. Williams, and most of us would like to see this defense play like a G. Williams defense, then why would we want Arrington in nashville?
  7. MadAboutMcNair Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $0
    I wouldn't mind to see Witherspoon if he is affordable. I don't know how much money he would be.
  8. metal957 In"Vince"Able

Moolah:
    $0
    I would love to have him he is young and a awesome football player
  9. wg53 Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Yes, I can equate the two. Both are freakish athletes who were known to disregard the scheme and freelance.
  10. Banger21 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Yea, I like Witherspoon alot myself. I would rather have him over June. I just think that Witherspoon is a better fit, better against the run. He would be a great addition to the defense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.