Are Titans Super Bowl-Ready?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i think we are close. i think it hangs on the wr though. i am not overly concerned about the big hole left by AH. our defense is going to be very good this year. it all rides on washington, britt, gage. if they show up and play then we will be a very dangerous team.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We will be a worse team this year on the d line without Big Al. That doesn't mean that we won't have a good d-line, and that doesn't mean that we won't have a good team. However, our d-line was great last year, and a huge part of that was Al. None of our replacement players are capable of his level of disruption. Our secondary all went to the probowl in large part because of the problems he caused for opposing offenses. He made everyone else's jobs easier. I'm not saying that we don't have a great defense, but all of the other starters will feel his absence this season. We just have to hope that they can make up for it.

I don't worry about our team with the loss of Big Al, in fact, I'm feeling good and excited for the season. However, we should recognize that we can't be as good as we were last season on the d-line. We just have to see how much that will effect the team as a whole.

4. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

You're absolutely right. In fact think we should consider ourselves lucky to have had him this last season. I'm just not so sure that he would have been the same '08 AH, even if we had resigned him. IMO, he is more driven by a fat pay check than being a part of a winning team. We all know the Redskins aren't going to get the '08 AH, and I don't believe he is going to be what puts them over the slump they've been in either.

I'm hoping that our defense plays with a chip on their shoulder this season as to show that they can still be dominate with out him.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I totally agree with that. I didn't really want to keep him, because we got him at his best and I don't think he would have kept playing at that level. We do have to realize that he won't just be replaced though. I'm just hoping that we adjust well.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know of there is a hungier team in the league than this one. A lot of guys in contract years, vets looking for that ring and guys pissed because of what happened last year.

We have plenty of vet leadership and a boatload of good athletes and players. I don't see our pass rush hurting any at all without AH. Ask bengay about that and we added two fast quick guys inside who can pressure the QB. The big issue obviously is the run defense.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Impact players..

Look at how many athletic impact players we have who can make a difference in a game. Guys like CJ, finny, griffin are obvious but a lighter quicker lendale could have a big game that makes the difference for us.

Certainly britt, cook and washington are more capable of making big plays than jmac, b jones and crumpler.

On defense we have several players who probably won't start that can make a huge impact in a game. Ford, fuller, marks, hovan or jones. And what about william hayes a 270 lb guy with 4.68 speed? You don't think he is capable of laying a 2-3 sack game on somebody?

I don't know if we have ever had this many guys who are capable of making impact plays in a game even in 2000.

On defense and offense we are going after people with our speed and expect a more aggressive defense.

I think we are the best team in the nfl.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If we win the SB i'll buy everyone a McDouble and Fries.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

every team in the NFL is Super Bowl ready. You can never know. The most "ready" teams don't usually make it. I'll take the Lions going before
    the Cardinals this year.

10. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

The Titans are as ready as they will ever be. I can't think of anything that could happen this year that doesn't involve winning the SB that would make them more ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar