Are the Titans an elite team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year...they were what, 9-7? My idea of an elite team, like I said earlier in this post, is a team who is more or less unstoppable if everything is clicking. Every team has a down game every once in a while, but teams like the Steelers of this year, the Jets, the Titans, the Ravens, those are teams that WILL beat you if they are firing on all cylinders. Those are elite teams.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Pats went 9-7 in 2002 after they won the Super Bowl, but they were clearly the elite team of this decade.

The Steelers won a Super Bowl in 2006 and 2009. No team other than the Steelers has two Super Bowl wins since 2006.

Most teams will win if they click on all cylinders. You'd be able to throw a lot of other teams into the mix.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Which elite defense has Vince ran up and down the field on in his career? I see no historical evidence that our offense can put up double digit points against an elite defense - which we will likely need to be able to do in order to advance in the playoffs. Last 2 1st round playoff exits were because our O couldn't score and no other reason.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

A team firing on all cylinders can put up 30+ points on elite defenses. Our offense is one that can beat up on weak and even some average and above average defenses at times. But, elite defenses? That's only for a handful of QB's in this league to run up and down on in the playoffs. Vince or Kerry, neither are that guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

Do you mean 20+ points?

You don't think we can score more than 9 points against a top ranked defense?

Chargers have the #1 ranked defense. Let's see how we do.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^^ SMH...some people just don't know football.

What does this team have to do to prove they're contenders?

The Titans are not a team I would want to play against right now. We've got the #1 scoring offense. The #2 scoring defense. The most sacks. The most interceptions. Take away the Pittsburgh game and a questionable pass interference call and this team is undefeated. Whether or not they win today won't be because we get beat physically. It will be because either our coaching fails or we turn the ball over. If we hold onto the ball we'll beat San Diego by 13+.

Will check back after the game.

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

that's the thing though ... you can't take away games that you played ... period ... we were embarrassed by them AT HOME and couldn't get off the field defensively in the 2nd half against the Broncos ... you are what your record says you are ... We will find out how good we really are the final 6 games of the season

8. RavensShallBurn

We have the #2 scoring offense and #3 scoring defense. We're #1 in sacks, INTs, and net points.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Did you actually read the article? If he doesn't know what to do they're not going to put him on the field. It's not a question of his athleticism. If he goes up instead of out it's a potential INT.

And apparently Dinger doesn't want Cook on the field, not just Fisher.

"It's a lot like the situation with Kenny Britt," Heimer-dinger said. "Everybody wanted to see Kenny out there but he didn't show me what I needed to see in practice.

"In the last three weeks, Kenny has prepared like he's supposed to prepare and that gives me confidence to go to him. Right or wrong, if you don't show it to me on the practice field, I'm probably not going to put you out there when it really matters just to make somebody happy."

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Absolutely NOT!

Do elite teams lose to bad teams like the Chargers and Broncos by blowing leads? Funny how we should have won these games yet typical Fisher, lets sit on a lead in the 2nd half and watch it vanish. Funny how teams like the Raiders and Rams beat the Chargers but not us oh no. We get a lead and we sit on it and then stop scoring and then all a sudden OH MAN WE'RE LOSING! Funny how Oakland can score 60 against Denver and how Troy Smith the 3rd string QB for the 49ers can beat the Broncos but we can't. Elite teams don't lose to bad teams, much less two. Period!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar