Anyone else worried that Amano is still our C?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Apr 13, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Precisely.
  2. titansflow

titansflow Camp Fodder

Yep, one of the weakest spots on our team if not the weakest.
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Starter

I am very afraid that amano is the center and with all the cap room we had we should have gotten Myers from the texans. Helps us and weakens them. I am very disappointed with the fact he may be back and I am really pissed at the 4.66 million he makes to absolutely suck! Biggest waste of money on the team. We could have cut him and paid Myers and be the same cap wise
  4. Wraith

Wraith Special Teams Standout

I'm not worried, because he won't be our center. this is what i predict our line will look like week 1

Roos Hutch Harris/draft pick Duke Robinson Stewart

look at Robinson's college highlights, he was a 2 time 1st team all american guard that dominated in run blocking, and he is only 25
  5. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

Robinson was cut.
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

There are prospects in the 5th round that are better than Amano at Center, we'll be fine.
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

there are players on the Titans that are better at C and there is, at this time, absoutly zero reason too be optomistic that EA will be riding the bench or cut
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

It was bizarre the Amano wasn't benched last season considering the O line experience of Munchak and Matthews,

We don't get to witness pactice but the few times that we've seen Harris and Velasco play at C they've been far better than Amano.
  9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Totally agree with LANGSTER and i have said that before.

To be honest i was disappointed in Ruston. The moment Myers hit the market, he shoulda cut Amano, and offered that exact contract (maybe +1 or 2M a year) and picked up a top center in the league for literally 1 or 2M against the 28M we initially had.

Calling that a mistake is a huge understatement...

Stewy/Hutch/Myers/Leroy/Roos sounds so good...too bad though
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

problem with EA is the huge signing bonus fishface gave him. Cutting EA brings a big old chunk of CAP forward so it is not as easy as it would appear