Anybody know anything about Chattanooga?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rodgev, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Best and only city I'd choose to live in in TN... just my opinion.

Property costs will skyrocket there soon enough.
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're letting your time at UT cloud your judgment on this. I go to UT now, and Knoxville as a city pisses me off. It is the most directionally challenged city I've ever been in. I'm good with directions... I've navigated my way around random cities like ATL, Charlotte, Louisville, Chicago, LA, and all throughout Florida with no troubles whatsoever.

Knoxville, however, is a total pain in the ass to drive through. The roads suck and the drivers on the interstate are timid and retarded.

It's a college town, and I've lost interest in the college scene at this age. I don't have a Facebook anymore, I rarely drink, I don't do drugs (other than smoke an occasional J) and I actually study and do well in classes, so I'm in like the 1% of UT students here.

But seriously... I pretty much hate all of TN other than Nashville (and surrounding areas such as Brentwood and Franklin). Everywhere else would just be okay for like a two day vacation or hanging out every now and then.

If I had gone to UT when I first got out of high school, I probably would've liked Knoxville a lot more.
  3. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

I went to UT when I was 18 and I guess grew up there a bit.

I like it more because most of my friends are there probably.

Still a fun town. Downtown has really come along in recent years. New bars, breweries and restaurants pop up daily it seems like. A lot of sushi too...

If you stick to campus and the west side Knoxville is great. The other directions... not so much.

I've gotten to old for campus outside of game days though. Lol I think I'm getting old. I HATE college kids.
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I drove through Chatt not too long ago.......

San Diego has all TN towns beat.....its really not even fair.
  5. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Special Teams Standout

Lol. Chattanooga is awesome.
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

well at least we dont have Tijuana right across the border.... :facepalm: just remembered Memphis.

Continue with your SD lovefest - lol
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Memphis is awesome.

What you talkin bout?
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Only been there once for a basketball tournament in high school, but it seemed like a really nice place...not too big or too small. Our coaches let us roam around the college campus(and surrounding area) whenever we weren't playing games. I never felt that it was an unsafe place at all(Not many places feel unsafe after living in Memphis my whole life, though).

Plus, they have a REALLY nice basketball arena for the college that I got to play in.
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Chattanooga has been blessed by the presence of Gunny.

That is all you need to know.
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Don't hate on Memphis...some really good people here...just got some really bad ones too...