Any Musicians Using an iPad?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by GLinks, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The down side: now that EVERYBODY has all the recording studio tools, EVERYBODY thinks they're an engineer. Even the pros have to learn the hard way.... all those years that Alex Lifeson spent playing and recording with Rush gave him enough knowledge and experience to make and release one of- if not THE- worst sounding albums Of All Time (Vapour Trails).

The next time you run into some blabbermouth bragging on his computer power and ProTools rig, do humanity and the music world a favor and punch him in the face. Then introduce him to an engineers' forum. And not that silly Cakewalk forum either.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

With the exception of one or two instances I'm getting far better results at home than I did paying 30 to 50 bucks for a studio hour - even on the big Studor machines and Nuemann mics. You just can't a price on the freedom from hourly and the convenience to record at a time that is right for you.
    Sucks to be a pro engineer right now I know - but us weekend warrior types have far better recording options these days. Too bad a record has the swag equivalent of a band-tshirt anymore, as the other side of the digital revolution has devalued recorded music to an all time low..

3. avvie

Well, yeah, my rant wasn't to say that real studios don't have some crap engineers too. I've got a couple of doggy poo EPs from them. I managed to fix one of them pretty well with Logic's Waveburner mastering program. The others?... mmmmmnot worth it.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hear a lot of griping about T-Racks but I use it all the time and I'm happy with the results.
    Wonder when the big league audio guys of this forum are going to comment on this thread...

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

my Mbox2 mini suits me just fine. I use Adobe Audition, because Ive used it for so long now.

It does the trick. As long as you get decent quality (clear and not noisy) recordings, it's all good.

6. avvie

To clarify, I meant "the other demos weren't worth fixing"; not "the other programs weren't worth using".

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I used Audition back in the day (even when it was Cool Edit Pro)...
    Is it still static tracks that require you to make edits permanent or can you run plugs over tracks and non-permanent edits?
    That was my main beef with that program..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar