any chance we go after Steve Slaton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jstanley1730, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstanley1730

jstanley1730 Camp Fodder

i am wvu fan first, and i know we have not had very good success with drafting my alum....pac cough cough man......but slaton has unreal speed, played a ton in the slot as WR, and we could probably get him late 2nd-3rd...hell maybe 4th round... blog on espn below

Linehan not drawing a crowd

February 22, 2008 1:45 PM

I sort of feel bad for Rams coach Scott Linehan right now. Plenty of seats still available at this point. I'm pretty sure the NFL made this one bald guy go over and start peppering him with questions.

Everyone's more interested in West Virginia running back Steve Slaton. I've never seen him in person before today. He's an absolute beast. Now that Slaton's left the room, Linehan has two reporters in the audience.

2. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I'd take a shot at him in the 3rd or 4th...

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

yeah i would be pumped. It couldn't be any worse than paul williams.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe in the 4th. Otherwise, I don't think so. Guy got worse when he was supposed to be better. Being on the decline at age 21 isn't a good sign.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

He wasn't the best running back on his own team. He wasn't even the second best. Sorry, I'll pass unless he's hanging around by the 7th.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd consider him...after Chris Johnson, Justin Forsett, and maybe one or two other dudes for our 3rd down RB. I might even take Mike Hart over Slaton.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

At least Mike Hart is passionate about football. Slaton just mailed it in this year.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Why hasn't The Gloat professed his man love for Mike Hart?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No earlier than the 4th rd. He simply isn't the prospect johnson, charles or jones are. And ray rice and mike hart are at least solid nfl backups who were workhorse backs in college. Slaton would be a third down back only in the nfl but we do need a back who can catch the ball.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was wondering the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar