Another year of Amano

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh come on now. I meant 70% healthy. Not 70% of his 2010 stats. The two are not equally directly related. Basically Kaeotik nailed it. Peyton is much better pre-snap, which has nothing to do with health. Manning is more saavy and knows where to go with the ball at all times, which has nothing to do with health. Manning with 70% arm strength is still a much better QB than Hasselbeck IMO.

Because maybe a "damaged goods" (your words) version of one of the best QB of ALL-TIME is a better option than a "just good" 36 year old vet or unproven kid?

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Logic 101.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I posted this in another thread but seems to have been overlooked.

Evan Mathis

Did not give up a sack in 09/10 and looks like he might come at a bargain. Younger that the other guys as well. I will be honest, I have never seen him play, but everything I have read say he is good.

5. savagebrood

savagebrood Guest

Maybe Rusty Smith can play center. He certainly cannot play QB....:grrhee:

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Jamarcus Russell might be a fine center.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but Mathis is considered (by some) to be the third best G in free agency this year, so he won't be cheap.

Nicks got a five-year deal for $47.5M, 31M guaranteed. Grubbs got a five-year deal for $36M. Look for Mathis to get the next best contract after those two, which will be a lot more than Hutchinson's $16M.

Mathis already has two offers on the table, from the Iggles and Ratbirds. He said last week he's willing to give the Iggles a hometown discount. He just visited the Ratbirds and called their offer 'nice.'

I'm guessing Mathis will sign with one of them for $5-6M per year on a four or five-year deal with about 30-40% of his money guaranteed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How about that guy from Oakland? Saw he might be cut.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Samson Satele

Yes, him. Would still be a huge improvement.

ITs not over yet.

10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Mathis just agreed to terms with the Iggles. Five years, $31M, 7M guaranteed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar