Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Another year of Amano

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Mar 16, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,923
    This.
  1. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,141
    Oh come on now. I meant 70% healthy. Not 70% of his 2010 stats. The two are not equally directly related. Basically Kaeotik nailed it. Peyton is much better pre-snap, which has nothing to do with health. Manning is more saavy and knows where to go with the ball at all times, which has nothing to do with health. Manning with 70% arm strength is still a much better QB than Hasselbeck IMO.

Because maybe a "damaged goods" (your words) version of one of the best QB of ALL-TIME is a better option than a "just good" 36 year old vet or unproven kid?
  2. Toly Free your mind

Moolah:
    $80
    Logic 101.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $89
    I posted this in another thread but seems to have been overlooked.

Evan Mathis

Did not give up a sack in 09/10 and looks like he might come at a bargain. Younger that the other guys as well. I will be honest, I have never seen him play, but everything I have read say he is good.
  4. savagebrood Rusty Smith's Backup

Moolah:
    $0
    Maybe Rusty Smith can play center. He certainly cannot play QB....:grrhee:
  5. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Jamarcus Russell might be a fine center.
    3 people high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P.

McNair
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but Mathis is considered (by some) to be the third best G in free agency this year, so he won't be cheap.

Nicks got a five-year deal for $47.5M, 31M guaranteed. Grubbs got a five-year deal for $36M. Look for Mathis to get the next best contract after those two, which will be a lot more than Hutchinson's $16M.

Mathis already has two offers on the table, from the Iggles and Ratbirds. He said last week he's willing to give the Iggles a hometown discount. He just visited the Ratbirds and called their offer 'nice.'

I'm guessing Mathis will sign with one of them for $5-6M per year on a four or five-year deal with about 30-40% of his money guaranteed.
    1 people high five this.
  6. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    How about that guy from Oakland? Saw he might be cut.
  7. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,544
    Samson Satele

Yes, him. Would still be a huge improvement.

ITs not over yet.
    • Staff / Moderator

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P.

McNair
    Mathis just agreed to terms with the Iggles. Five years, $31M, 7M guaranteed.