Another Vy post, but a good question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

For his speed and big play ability, CJ has made only 2.:( Is that better? I do not want him dancing around either, but to make someone miss a tackle and dancing are two different things. Actually, if there are 8 in the box and you break the first wave, you're gone, and it does offer a better opportunity for big plays, those of which again-we haven't seen.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

How do you explain him being a pro-bowler? Apparently coaches and players are scared of him enough to vote him as a top 3 back in the afc.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Popularity Contest:moon2:

To be an ALL-PRO means that your peers have voted you worthy. Fans get to vote for the pro-bowl.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Not to take anything away from CJ, because I am in the belief that without him, we would not be 12-2 right now, but if you take a look at the teams in the AFC this year, you will see it was almost choice by deduction.

Who else could they select, Justin Fargas, Cedric Benson, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Faulk, McGahee...hell, I couldn't even name the starting running back on half the teams cuz of injuries or lack of performance at this position this season in the AFC.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They could have named Slaton. Sad, I know.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Further proving my point at how bad the RB position was this year in the AFC.

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Its still a credit to CJ that he gets in over names like LT, Larry Johnson, 2nd over Brown, MJD, Taylor, Addai all of those guys who have not produced, either record wise for their team or stat wise better than CJ.

Is it the new thing on this board to downgrade and question everything a player does, even when its an accomplishment?

Cj goes from the rookie nobody heard of, or wanted(directed at the draft topic) to a 1000+ yd rookie rb who has helped this team get to 12-2, and now all of a sudden you guys act like he should have 1700+ yds and should be #1 in the NFL.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It helps to read the entire thread rather than just the last post when responding

9. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

It helps to notice I have posted in this thread multiple times already...

Or the fact I named guys you didnt...LT being one, his name alone normally gets him a vote, regardless of his stats for the year

Gotta love internet nitpickers

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

So, why after i say "Not to take anything away from CJ, because I am in the belief that without him, we would not be 12-2 right now,"

you respond with

"Its still a credit to CJ that he gets in over names like LT, Larry Johnson, 2nd over Brown, MJD, Taylor, Addai all of those guys who have not produced, either record wise for their team or stat wise better than CJ."

The simple facts are the pro bowl consists of the 3 best RB's out of 16 teams i the AFC. And, this year the competition in the AFC for this position was very weak. I took NOTHING away from CJ, as I indicated in my first post in this thread. If you do not see that, you haven't watched many games this year.

And, for LT, he is always in it, because he always produces - and this is the first year in a while he hasn't...and their team's record is a reflection of that. Are you saying he deserves to be in based on his production this year? Sounds like you're the nitpicker to me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar