Another Vy post, but a good question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

I dont think the Titans record would be much different this season with Collins or Young at QB

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

the good thing is we'll get to find out next year what he's made of. The Titans fan in me is saddened, but at least we 'will know'

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We won't know. You never get the same situation.

Schedule changes, situations change, players get older, players leave, players come in, players play like crap, players play out of their minds etc.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

That's cool, and I can totally understand why you would doubt Vince. I'm not even saying that I'm certain Vince is the answer. My only problem with any of it is you generalize and pretend like he has never played a good NFL game. He has. It hasn't been all bad for Vince.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Its just been mostly bad.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

This is just wrong, there's no other way to put it. When you're trying to argue your view and you say things like this no one even wants to read what you have to write. Statements like this show you're clearly just a vince hater and that's it. Many of the arguments you bring up are just lies like this one. Clearly he wasn't bad in EVERY game last week. At least we don't have guys on here who are so extreme the other way who say vince played great in EVERY game last year. I couldn't imagine if we had 2 extremes going at it.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

9 td's, 17 int's and your team is still 10-6. With those numbers, which side of the ball is letting down the other side?

Which game did our QB bail out our defense in 2007? It happened to be the 1 game he didn't play.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Can you tell me the game collins has bailed out our defense this year? No matter who the qb is we win games because of our defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

That's true, we disagree with you. But do you truly see Kerry leading us in triumph in the Super Bowl? I don't. It's not just Sunday he's had trouble. I see him in decline. He has trouble, just like Vince, against good defenses. You'll see it again this Sunday. If we had our full defensive strength, I'd say we could out play his weaknesses for the win, but not now.

We don't have "that caliber of a NFL QB" right now. I see potential in Vince to be that. That's why he should be playing now. I'd even like to see Simms get a chance.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I never said Kerry "just wins" or Kerry has "led this team to it's 12-2 record." The difference in the two is their turnovers. Kerry doesn't make as many mistakes as Vince thus putting less pressure on our defense allowing it to be more effective when it is on the field.

In week 1 vs Jags, when Vince got knocked out of the game, he was right on pace for another 2007 season with his 1 TD and 2 Int's and a very proud 110 yards passing (and 1 rush for 4 yards). When Kerry took the field, he inherited a 3rd and 15 in a 10-7 lead (if i remember correctly) and if you were at that game, you could just feel the team imploding while the Jags were salivating at every drop back Vince took.

No one will know what 'would' have happened in that game or the rest of the season had Vince not gotten injured (after he got booed off the field the possession before), but it was clear in that game that his decision making or passing abilities had not improved even the slightest over the offseason.

When a team bases it's entire gameplan on field position and controlling the ball, you can not have a QB that consistently has a 1/2 TD/Int ratio. That number does not coincide with what this TEAM is trying to do.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar