Another Vy post, but a good question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

KMFC has had some poor games as of late, true. The thing you can't judge with KFC is the incompletions, a lot of time he knows when to throw the ball away instead of taking a negative play. A lot of people point to a lower completion percentage, but when everyone is covered and the rush is getting closer, I have no problem with a QB just getting rid of the ball and not handcuffing the team any more. As far as VY goes, I just think Fisher has answered all these questions by not entertaining the thought of inserting him into the lineup. Before, I think the coaching staff was pressured to have VY in there, now, I think they won't put him in unless they are 100% confident he is ready.

In sum, I don't necessary think that team is much better than last year, we seemed to run the ball better last year a bit. The major difference has been the workload of the defense, which is a corrollary of the offense and the turnover differential.

We may have to rely on KMFC more these last two weeks because teams are not going to let us run, and our Defense is going to have a difficult time stopping anyone without Fat Al and KVB.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

My guess is that with VY running the offense, we likely aren't as good, but we still would likely have won 11 games and been a better team than last year. This is a good team, and a better team than it was last year. We won 10 last year with VY at the helm, it seems likely, that with him there again this year, and the overall team improvement, we would have won 11-12 games.

And regarding those who are using the first game as evidence of what VY would have done this year, that is completely unfair. One game, against a tough division opponent--one that traditionally plays us very tough, is not enough of a sample to gage how VY would have played over the course of a season--sorry, but you need a bigger sample to make any kind of a case.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

RollTide already prefaced his post by saying it wasn't fair to extrapolate VYs season based on his 3/4 of a game. He wasn't assuming the stats VY would have, instead brought up the stats of the previous year that he DID have and also the unimpressive pre-season which apparently nobody thinks matters anymore.

4. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Yeah, I see that now Jwill . . . should have read more carefully. But I don't think we can presume because of a bad preseason, that we wouldn't have seen improvement this year. Maybe maybe not. But do you think we would have won less than 11 games with VY running the show? He got 10 last year, so I think he could have won 11-12 this season for us (with the defense and running game actually winning them).

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If I could answer that question adamwinn51, i'd be a rich man! I honestly don't know, I do think we would have more turnovers, don't know how our defense would've held up.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

all of that aside it's too hard for me overlook the rumor that he refused to go back in that game and the ensuing drama of the next several days. The VY suicide watch thing negates any theoretical/hypothetical argument for the guy. That non-sense actually happened.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

as much of a negative that was for VY, I think he will be exponentially better as a QB because of that. I really believe that.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Again, i'm not one of the guys on here who think vince should be playing right now. Kerry collins is the qb of this team. The onlyl thing i'm having a problem with is the guys who are acting like collins is playing fantastic football. He still has a qb rating around 78 which is bad. I expected collins to have more yards, higher completion percentage, and a qb rating around 90. He's our pocket qb and I expect better play out of him. He missed so many throws this past weekend and it cost us a game and could end up costing us the #1 seed. If vince young plays a game like this past week and misses the receiver on 4th down late in the 4th, he would be getting booed off the field next time he got home.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I so agree! Not to mention this is Collins 14th season I think he should be playing a little better. Don't get me wrong he is great at managing the game but lacks a little on the passing skills.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Sometimes, WRs are actually covered. That was the case this weekend, but KFC did miss a few throws. It's not like he threw the ball directly to the defenders. They were in position to make plays almost the entire game, and the timing was clearly off. That is the passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar