Another ex-Titan cut: Lo Neal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If we sign Neal, then Eddie can come back out of retirement as our #3 RB.

You know Eddie's numbers plunged when we let Neal go...

:duckrun:
  2. Then we can bring back McCareins. And with JMac and Dinger back, McNair can come back and return to MVP form...
  3. TitanJeff

And the Freak too. He's not lost a step.
  4. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Neal will get a 2 year contract somewhere else. Just please not here. Hall is amazing.
  5. Bruce Matthews can come back and play guard.
  6. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

Well since were in the past lets bright back Yancy.
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion Tip Jar Donor

Why the Lorenzo Neal hate?

I seriously wouldn't mind if our backfield going into next season was L.White, C.Henry, A.Hall, L.Neal.

Didn't Hall get hurt some of last year?

We are a SUPER run dependent team. What is a 3rd RB really going to do for us? Maybe some KR/PR if we are lucky to find someone that would fit that. Maybe a few catches out of the backfield??

I'd rather have the most superior run blocking possible to help out L.White and C.Henry, also Vince Young.

If White/Henry were to fail with those 2 FBs, THEN we know we need to go after a replacement starter.

And Eddie's production did slip once Neal was no longer his FB. What was that comment for?

And there isn't a single other ex-Titan I would want back on this team with the possible exception of Kearse if Odom/Laboy are gone and the Freak is coming cheap. And I'd prefer we re-sign Odom in the first place.
  8. TitanJeff

Neal AND Hall on an offense where we use the FB only 40-50% of the time?

Dinger will use a FB less than Chow if it's anything like his first stint.
  9. I think Dinger will use Hall a lot more than he used Lo Neal. Neal was a better blocker (obviously), but Hall has proven to be a quality receiver than Neal wasn't.

But we have no need for Neal. There's no rooom on the roster for 2 FBs.
  10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

At this point in his career, Lorenzo isnt really at the top of the leagues FBs. Quite frankly, his play has declined and Hall is the better FB right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.