Am I the only one that thinks our passing game will be better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Simpson

John Simpson Camp Fodder

Yes you are. Fitz put up the majority of his good numbers at the end of blowout games when teams were basically done with the Bills. He will probably get killed in this weeks game and we will be stuck playing Rusty - who will then become the best backup ever according to you guys. The big thing that the Titans are going to miss is jake's leadership. Did you see the whole team come out to check on him? That is not happening with just any player. Jake has become the leader of this team and he is looking like a pretty decent QB. Hopefully Fitz can keep us in the playoff hunt until Jake comes back.

2. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

People always get carried away whether it's extremely negative or positive. Jake was looking good vs the Jets D but the 3 touchdowns we had were all after Jets turnovers with position on their side of the field at their 46, 26 and 18 yard line. Is it really unreasonable to expect a pretty good backup to score if his defense is giving him fantastic field position more often than not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I wish this was true, but I doubt the line magically starts pass protecting better for Fitz than it did for Locker.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Nah man, I used to trust you for information when I would read something here. Now I know you are just a lying unreliable hack poster.

[​IMG]

5. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

I don't think it will be better. We might have more yards per game but also more turnovers. Jake was really clicking with our WRs. Nate and Hunter especially. I think Fitz can get it done though. Our WRs are too good for him not to do good.

Maybe even Britt can come out from under his rock.

6. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I love how you capped the "TEAM", the thing is even though football is a TEAM sport, some positions make all the difference in the world. If this was a CB you can scheme away from, yes I would agree with you. If this was a RB you can scheme away from, yes I would agree. However, a QB touches the ball EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE PLAY. Losing a QB the team started to rally around will hurt. Does it mean it can't be done? Absolutely not. The Steelers a couple of years back started five games with out Big Ben and still ended up being 4-2 or 5-1 or something like that.

However, let's be real that's an exception case and probably not the rule. I think you guys are nuts if you think putting Fitz in won't impact the team. Am I'm hopeful he can keep it going? HELL YEAH I'm a die hard fan. I wish any body in two tone blue the best. No one knows how these things turn out so we all mind as well wait and see how we match up against the Chiefs. Bottom line this blows either way!!!

I definitely hope they get serious fines though...I agree with Munchak, those hits definitely wasn't called for.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't anticipate the passing game to be better, but you're definitely not alone in thinking there will not be a downgrade. I don't think Fitz is as bad as most people think, he's gonna raise a few eyebrows over the next month or so.

I don't mind Locker and he's showing signs of improvement, but he's still far from great.

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Awww poo.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh no doubt. It's Jake's team. Not saying otherwise.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not really, not a big Fitz fan. We can still win with him but I think our passing game will suffer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar