Alright, so I have beef with Apple.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

If you set it to download in .mp3 it will.

Gunny,

Do you happen to play a lot of video games on your PC? It seems that gamers are the most vocal critics of Macs, since Mac OS doesn't support most games.
  2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Have both mac and PC. For me, Mac works better. Still have a ibook that is over 5 years old and is going strong and is faster than the desktop PC my wife uses that is only a couple of years old. In fact just sent it with my neighbor's kid to use when she is studying overseas. She was having problems getting in a battery for her dell.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

I don't play PC games, but I don't see your point?
  4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I've had PCs my whole life, and recently bought a MacBook. I was really happy with my PC laptop (ABS), but hated every PC desktop I've ever had (Dell/E-Machines).

I'm not a Mac fan-boy, but I've only had 1 problem, a small one, in 3 months with it (same problem but has happened 3 times). Since I spend most of my time on campus, I love how it never has to be turned off, saves me a lot of time.

The problem I have had is sometimes when I put it to sleep it won't wake back up when I open it. It's still on, but the screen is blank and it won't respond to anything. I just have to restart it with the power button. Anyone (Tuckfro/Puck) know why this happens? Again, it's only happened 3 times in 3 months, so it's not a very common problem, just a little annoying.
  5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Have you done a software update? I know there was some kind of sleep update, but can't remember if it was on the laptop or desktop. Otherwise, do you live in an area where there is a apple store? Just make an appointment with the genius bar and they can check it out. It's still under warranty and if it is a problem it will be covered.
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Don't want to concern you, but my macbook started doing the same thing (but more frequently) until the screen quit completely. I knew it wasn't a problem with the sleep because I could hook up an external monitor and work. Sent it into Apple, 5 days later I had my macbook back with a brand new screen. Hasn't done anything like that since (over a year).

Edit: Are you actually putting it to sleep, or closing it?
  7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I just close it.
  8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Yeah, I got the newest OS X update about a week ago. It hasn't happened since, so maybe it's fixed.
  9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

an older iBook G$ does that sometimes ... as in it doesn't awake when the lid is opened ..... I just have to beat on the keyboard a few times and it kicks in
  10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've used both quite a bit. Mostly I get bothered by the exclusivity of mac and i-whatevers. I may not want to use everything that they provide, but it's a lot harder for me to just use a part of their products.

I don't have strong feelings either way, but I find it amazing how many people do.
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.